Since I just became an Outlaw (with the purchase of a 990), I thought I'd post a run-down on my system.

* Surround Processor: Outlaw Model 990
* Amplifiers: Main high/midrange - Adcom GFA-545II (2x100W); Main low - Adcom GFA-5500 (2x200W); Center/Surround - Adcom GFA-2535 (1x100W, 2X60W)
* Speakers: Infinity Kappa 9.1 II (mains); Kappa Video II (center/surrounds)
* Subwoofer: Infinity Kappa 9.1 II
* DVD Player: Samsung DVD-HD931
* HD/Digital Satellite: Dish Network DVR-921
* Laser Disc Player: Pioneer CLD-D502
* VCR: Sony SLV-676HF
* Game System: XBOX
* TV: Hitachi 65XWX20B (65" 16:9 CRT/RP HDTV with OTA tuner)
* CD Player: Yamaha CDC-845
* Phono: Technics SL-1200Mk2
* Cartridge: Stanton Collector's Series 100
* Line Conditioner: 2xAdcom ACE-515
* Universal remote: Harmony 880 (on order)

This system is a bit of a hybrid, in that the mains are bi-amped with the GFA-545II driving the high/midrange and the GFA-5500 driving the dual 12" woofers on the Kappa 9.1s. The L&R main preamp outputs feed the GFA-545II and the two sub outputs feed the GFA-5500 (using the bass portion of the Kappa 9.1s as passive subwoofers). My center channel is being driven by two channels from the 2535 bridged to 100Watts, and the surrounds are being driven by the other two channels at 60Watts.

I have found this configuration to yield very good results especially for music, and aside from a case of amp-envy every now and again when I see a Sunfire Signiture, I don't think that I can significantly improve on the performance I am currently getting without buying new speakers (and I love my Kappas so that isn't very likely even if it does take an arc-welder to drive them).

The addition of the Outlaw 990 to my system has made far more diffence than I thought possible. I always knew that the bass I was getting from my Kappas while very tight seemed a bit on the weak side when watching movies. Well not any more. I cranked up LOTR Return of the King last night and was blown away as my house shook to its very foundations!

The 990 is turning out to be a real winner for me and a huge upgrade (I moved up from an Adcom GTP-600). For those of you still living with an old Pro Logic system, I cannot recommend the 990 highly enough. It has far exceeded my expectations with the combination of price, features, and performance that it offers.