Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8798 - 06/21/05 02:45 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
nice system.

i LOVE old elco's,looks like it has had a nice dry life in the desert!i'm not used to seeing a solid '68 anything!

and yeah,if i remember right,there's room in that cubbyhole for a couple poundin' subs laugh

#8799 - 06/21/05 05:39 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
CrazyEd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South East Arizona
Painttoad

I'm not a big fan of "Booming Bass". Prefer honest reproduction (Different Strokes!).
You remember correctly - Called "The Smugglers Box" and runs the entire width of the Bed and ~2' Deep.
Left off the Equipment list is a Velodyne SA7 Subwoffer. Level set to reproduce not dominate Audio ;-)

CrazyEd

#8800 - 06/21/05 05:55 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
you are right,different strokes...i don't really dig the boomy bass myself,but i do know from experience that every sub system i've had in my truck has been POUNDING,but...it's not really loud or totally defined till you get about 10-15 ft away.stranger yet is it gets louder in the truck if you roll down the windows,even louder(inside) if you open the doors(altough not while driving smile )
any way just don't get the wrong idea, i really can't stand over-bearing bass,i want a seamless blend.and i've achieved that basement and truck.

and i know a guy that installed 4-10's in that chamber,i couldn't beleive it,but he did.and it was WAY too much.

thanx 4 the pics.

#8801 - 06/22/05 12:17 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Just checked in Crazy and saw the pics. Love those amps . That has got to deliver solid sound . Are you running 6.1 or were the rears just that close together ?

I did notice what looked like a laser disc dust jacket lying on the floor in one of the pics . Do you have a collection of LD's ? I have a small collection myself . Love the sound on those damn things . Pro Logic never sounds better than when played off an LD .

Thanks for taking the time to post them CrazyEd .

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#8802 - 06/22/05 02:52 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
CrazyEd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South East Arizona
Painttoad

I'd guess the additional Bass when rolling down the windows is equal to opening the reflex port on a Speaker resulting in more air movement.

E'pin
The System is 7:1, but given the construction of the house what you see is about as good as it's going to get.......
Yep, it's a LD Jacket (Graceland). I have ~70 LD's (hidden behind the top of the 4800 in picture 1). Love the Picture quality and the Sound. The LD's are what got me started into the world of Surrond Audio.
I also have several hundred LP's which until SACD and HDCD always sounded better than any CD.

CrazyEd

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM