Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 44 of 70 < 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 69 70 >
Topic Options
#90096 - 04/17/12 10:04 AM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: S. Sharkey]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: S. Sharkey

But you're the same guy that said "if the Emotiva guys can pull this off the XMC will sell like hotcakes." You seem to have a lofty opinion of them over Outlaw despite Emo's awful UMC failure. I don't quite follow your logic there.

At any rate, only time can tell who will be successful, but it's a little early to be counting anyone out.

The XMC is a LOT more attractive from a features perspective. And I do believe I have mentioned the previous track record of Emotiva in numerous posts...but if you feel the need to flog that dead horse... Neither company is particularly credible based on hitting release dates for their theater processors so it will be a horse race to see which one gets the unit out the door and then we'll see who (if either one) has managed to release a bug free (or minimally buggy) product.

So if that makes my opinion of Emotiva "lofty" then so be it. I have yet to buy anything from them. On paper, there is really no comparison between the two products though.

Best,

#90098 - 04/17/12 05:39 PM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: Ritz2]
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hey Ritz,

Do you have an idea who is designing their processor. I assume that they use the same pool of resources of design firms Outlaw uses. I spoke to one of their folks at Apoxna in Atlanta this past fall and got a political answer from him. I believe their products are made in China, but don't know that much about their design process.

mj

#90099 - 04/17/12 08:04 PM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: Ritz2]
S. Sharkey Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Ritz2
The XMC is a LOT more attractive from a features perspective. And I do believe I have mentioned the previous track record of Emotiva in numerous posts...but if you feel the need to flog that dead horse... Neither company is particularly credible based on hitting release dates for their theater processors so it will be a horse race to see which one gets the unit out the door and then we'll see who (if either one) has managed to release a bug free (or minimally buggy) product.

So if that makes my opinion of Emotiva "lofty" then so be it. I have yet to buy anything from them. On paper, there is really no comparison between the two products though.

Best,

The XMC is not more attractive whatsoever. I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder, so maybe for you it is, but a blanket statement like that is only opinion, after all. When I look at the 978's Audyssey version, the Sabre DACs, the video processing(all of which the XMC doesn't have), it is certainly attractive. On paper, I give the Outlaw the nod. You, who have never even bought an Emotiva product, seem quite taken with them, and that is your right, but to come on here and say the XMC wins hands down is a big rush to judgement. I'll wait to see how each product does in customer's homes.

#90101 - 04/17/12 09:42 PM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: S. Sharkey]
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Loc: Torrance, CA USA
I'll wait to see how each product does in customer's homes.

Agreed, once the products ship and get evaluated by real users, we can then draw conclusions. At best we can say that there are features of each that are attractive to various users. I for one would like to know the specific chip sets that are included in each (as an example a Sabre DAC is as descriptive as saying a car is a Ford because there are several Sabre DACs).
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra

#90102 - 04/18/12 09:41 AM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: S. Sharkey]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
I'll wait to see how each product does in customer's homes.

So you're in agreement with me there. Great.

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (04/18/12 10:24 AM)

#90103 - 04/18/12 11:47 AM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: Ritz2]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Hey guys

Only fan-based users like us who take each unit to their theatres can come up with a true evaluation. What comes out on paper may not end up being the product we all hoped or expected. Performance is the key and zero to very minimal bugginess would be the final verdict of these units. Price is also important at the end. We need to see both out and operational before any of us can make a real decision.

My potential choice?

1. 978
2. XMC
3. Marantz 7005....this MAY win out at the end.

#90105 - 04/18/12 12:10 PM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: beyond 1000]
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States
I would place the order:

• Marantz 7005/6006

The Marantz options may move up the list since my 10+ year old Denon is about to die. By the time the 978 gets released, its going to end up being nearly 4 years from the announcement of the 997. But given Emotiva's history, I would rather have my 10 year old Denon limping along in my system than buy one of their products.

#90107 - 04/18/12 10:44 PM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: tkntz]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: tkntz
I would place the order:

• Marantz 7005/6006

The Marantz options may move up the list since my 10+ year old Denon is about to die. By the time the 978 gets released, its going to end up being nearly 4 years from the announcement of the 997. But given Emotiva's history, I would rather have my 10 year old Denon limping along in my system than buy one of their products.

My main issue here is that I just don't trust Emotiva. It would have to be proven bug free and BETTER than the 978 for me to chose it over the Outlaw. Like I said....PROVEN and proven to the Outlaws in this forum.

#90120 - 04/20/12 10:02 AM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: beyond 1000]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
Boys, what I see here are a bunch of guys wanting to see the 978 released and bought by customers who will then report on performance and any "bugs". After the evaluations are in and performance is good and bugs are nonexistant or minimal, then this bunch will order 978'. The problem with this is that the 'customers' are US. There's no one out there in mass consumer land who will buy a 978 - they don't know that Outlaw Audio exists. It is US who will have to buy and experience the 978's performance and report back here. If you are too leery to buy and want to sit and wait while others test the 978 for you, I think that's a flawed process. Be a bit braver.

#90121 - 04/20/12 12:44 PM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: Hank]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

The best way to know the outcome of the 978's performance is the results of Outlaw's testing and beta testing. If reports are good then several of us will buy. I will buy when my budget allows me. I won't wait for 30 people here to buy and then wait again until all report. I do trust Outlaw in bringing out a good product. The bugs would only need to be minimal and of no real serious consequence to the home theatre experience and they just need to be "fixable". I am sure many of us will indeed buy. For myself I just need to see and "affordable" price on the unit and I am in.

Page 44 of 70 < 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 69 70 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts