Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8798 - 06/21/05 02:45 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
nice system.

i LOVE old elco's,looks like it has had a nice dry life in the desert!i'm not used to seeing a solid '68 anything!

and yeah,if i remember right,there's room in that cubbyhole for a couple poundin' subs laugh

#8799 - 06/21/05 05:39 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
CrazyEd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South East Arizona
Painttoad

I'm not a big fan of "Booming Bass". Prefer honest reproduction (Different Strokes!).
You remember correctly - Called "The Smugglers Box" and runs the entire width of the Bed and ~2' Deep.
Left off the Equipment list is a Velodyne SA7 Subwoffer. Level set to reproduce not dominate Audio ;-)

CrazyEd

#8800 - 06/21/05 05:55 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
you are right,different strokes...i don't really dig the boomy bass myself,but i do know from experience that every sub system i've had in my truck has been POUNDING,but...it's not really loud or totally defined till you get about 10-15 ft away.stranger yet is it gets louder in the truck if you roll down the windows,even louder(inside) if you open the doors(altough not while driving smile )
any way just don't get the wrong idea, i really can't stand over-bearing bass,i want a seamless blend.and i've achieved that basement and truck.

and i know a guy that installed 4-10's in that chamber,i couldn't beleive it,but he did.and it was WAY too much.

thanx 4 the pics.

#8801 - 06/22/05 12:17 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Just checked in Crazy and saw the pics. Love those amps . That has got to deliver solid sound . Are you running 6.1 or were the rears just that close together ?

I did notice what looked like a laser disc dust jacket lying on the floor in one of the pics . Do you have a collection of LD's ? I have a small collection myself . Love the sound on those damn things . Pro Logic never sounds better than when played off an LD .

Thanks for taking the time to post them CrazyEd .

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#8802 - 06/22/05 02:52 PM Re: My Toys - In the correct forum....
CrazyEd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South East Arizona
Painttoad

I'd guess the additional Bass when rolling down the windows is equal to opening the reflex port on a Speaker resulting in more air movement.

E'pin
The System is 7:1, but given the construction of the house what you see is about as good as it's going to get.......
Yep, it's a LD Jacket (Graceland). I have ~70 LD's (hidden behind the top of the 4800 in picture 1). Love the Picture quality and the Sound. The LD's are what got me started into the world of Surrond Audio.
I also have several hundred LP's which until SACD and HDCD always sounded better than any CD.

CrazyEd

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM