Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#8717 - 03/24/05 03:32 PM HT MX-500
Cargo Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, AL
I just got the MX-500 last week. 3 system macros on it and 10 device macros. I have programmed it and am trying to decide the best use for the 10 device macros for core devices (ie dvd player, receiver, tv, dish net. receiver). I'd like to know what others are doing to get some ideas.

#8718 - 03/24/05 04:09 PM Re: HT MX-500
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've had my MX-500 for well over a year and a half now, and I'm very fond of it. In my system, I have the M1 button set to turn on the TV and cable box, switch the 950 to the cable input (which also turns the 950 on), and set the remote to the cable box controls. The M3 button turns the 950's second zone on and off, while the System Off button turns the TV, cable box, and 950 off. (The "System Off" and "Power" buttons at the top of the remote can also store macros.) The device buttons do not have macros assigned to them. Instead, the buttons are programmed to switch the 950 to the appropriate input. I haven't had a need to store macros on those buttons, partly because those macros only activate if the device button is held down for at least 1 second - something that other users of the remote would rarely remember to do. If there were macros that I needed and nobody else cared about, I would put them on the device buttons, but I haven't had the need.

#8719 - 03/24/05 07:11 PM Re: HT MX-500
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
I use one of the device macros to set the sub trim level. It just sends the trim signal eight times and ends up on sub where you can make the adjustment. Just my lazy way of not having to push the same button 8 times. I do have the core devices setup as the 1 second macros but I rarely use them. I tend to select the device then select a learned input button to change the 950. This all sounds very confusing but it's quite simple in use.

#8720 - 03/28/05 11:58 AM Re: HT MX-500
Cargo Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, AL
I setup several macros over the weekend. When I made this post, I thought that the device macros could only be used to send commands to that one device. I realized I was wrong. There are plenty of macros on the 500 for my needs. Thanks for the suggestions.

#8721 - 03/28/05 08:28 PM Re: HT MX-500
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
i have a different remote but one macro plays the cd in the cal transport(and selects cd),one starts the denon cd changer(and selects aux) and puts it in random,one turns my sub on & off(via 1050),still have one left and i wanted to do what keta is with the sub level,but in 2 channel mode it takes 2 presses and in surround it takes 5 presses(why couldn't it be 4 or 6?)
my remote also has a 2 way commercial "mute" whereas the 1st press will lower the volume,2nd press raises it,real pain when you forget to use it at one point then you wanna lower the volume and it starts to skyrocket the only way to stop it is to jump for the volume knob because once the macro starts i can't override it and i can never remember to just aim the thing in the couch :rolleyes:

#8722 - 03/29/05 12:58 AM Re: HT MX-500
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I have my MX500 M-macros set for turning the lights down M1, truning the sound down M2, and M3 is used to trun on the 2nd zone (not using) which activates the the 2nd Panamax. The 10 device macros are usually reserved for turning on that specific component. For example, the TV device button will switch the component inputs to the proper input, but if I hold the button down for more than 2 seconds it will power on/off the TV. I would also recommend the IRClone-MX. it's been a great help in getting everything working correctly.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM