Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#86868 - 04/29/11 05:21 PM Review of LCR
outlawwinner Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I want to let you know first that i’m still a beginner at making speaker review I have been reading a lot but never wrote one. I own 5 LCR right now it’s been almost a year that past with this 7.1 setup with Outlaw everywhere except Axiom m60 in the back of my room and an 8in final subwoofer (in the future it will be outlaw everywhere and probably HSU subwoofer).

The first day that I received my speaker I knew at that moment that they are going to stay home for a long time. So the first thing that I heard was the good imaging of the speaker in stereo In every recording I can hear singer in the center clearly and see each musician taking place in space. The soundstage is realy wide but not realy deep in stereo except in surround mode the sound is more enveloping. When I listen to Dianna Krall the look of love It feel like the piano is near me floating in the air giving a sense of 3dimentionnality. My Outlaw 7500 amp put about 300W per ch trough the LCR and when there is an impact or a gun fight in a movie you feel the brute force and you could never tell it’s coming from relatively small speakers. I am not the kind of guy that likes to listen at hear splitting level but I have never wanted more SPL that these speaker offers. The LCR roll off at 80hz so you need a subwoofer to reinfoce the low end. I listen about 50/50 music and HT and what I like about these speaker is that they are enjoyable both application and if you’ve got great quality material your room will be transform with walls of sound. They are very pleasant to listen too and there is moment that I can say WOW (yes i’m a fan). When I received my speaker I tried to flip switch of treble at +2db but found with my room that flat at 0db was the perfect spot otherwise it was a bit irritating and fatiging to my hears (but it depends of the room they are in).

My setup before these LCR consisted of Swan6.2 and Axiom speaker and I felt like there was something missing in the sound (the cohesiveness, the great imaging the wide soundstage, the dynamics slam). When I ordered the Outlaw speaker I it was the end of the search for the olygrail (at least for a couple of years) I think that at their price tag there is not a lot of speaker that can compete for value and SQ combined.

#86873 - 04/30/11 11:21 AM Re: Review of LCR [Re: outlawwinner]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Good to hear that the LCR's are working out so well for you!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts