Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#84446 - 08/12/10 12:06 AM Just another Apple(c) product
HearSee Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Virtually every AM/FM radio on the market is an Apple accessory.
Will this thing play music from my HTC Evo?
Does it have a Blue Tooth transmitter that easily pairs to my headphones?
For $400 it should.
Hay, I don't like to be negative, but what differentiates this from all the others on the market?

OK, what I really want is a quality signal-sucking AM radio (digital FM would be OK too), the ability to play several music formats from a 2-32GB USB stick (mp3, aac, flac, cda, etc), a Blue Tooth transmitter (and a speaker/BT switch). What I don't want is to pay for an iPod dust collector port on top. If it must, use a separate Blue Tooth receiver which would be more universal that just Applish.
How about something else really unique...a really long multi-line high-contrast display so everything is not concatenated and scrolling on 15-20 characters?
Slap a handle on it and then we'll talk purchase.

#86740 - 04/10/11 11:40 AM Re: Just another Apple(c) product [Re: HearSee]
Alejx Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I love the Logitech SB boombox. The sound is pretty good and the networking is terrific. Why get stuck with music from an ipod when you can stream all your own music and listen to anything you want over the internet?

#86805 - 04/17/11 06:37 AM Re: Just another Apple(c) product [Re: Alejx]
Alejx Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

The Cue acoustic model r1 gets rave reviews. It is expensive but the price is pretty good when purchased with the 2150. I'm thinking of buying the pair. I'll bet it will sound better than the SB boombox . . . .

#90215 - 05/02/12 12:29 PM Re: Just another Apple(c) product [Re: Alejx]
old_school_2 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Originally Posted By: Alejx
I love the Logitech SB boombox. The sound is pretty good and the networking is terrific. Why get stuck with music from an ipod when you can stream all your own music and listen to anything you want over the internet?

Amen!

Although I do not have said device (I have several Turtle Beach Audiotrons), I wholeheartedly agree with your comment regarding both selection and fidelity that streamers facilitate.

True, many streaming stations out there are not exactly high-res, but some are...and the fact that a single library can be streamed to multiple devices (in multiple rooms) simultaneously is indeed great - and even better if it's in FLAC or wav format. Regrettably, the Audiotron's are long-in-the-tooth and do not inherently support FLAC, but I picked up several of them for a song, and have my library (25,000 + songs) in .wav (for the audiotrons), in .flac (for archival and conversion to other formats / use on my hacked mp3 players that support .flac), and 320 kbps for mp3 player use (i.e. in the car, etc).

I know it's a bit of overkill maintaining the library this way, and if I could find a simple way to get the Audiotrons to play .flac, I'd 86 my .wav library, but until that happens or until they start to die en masse, I'll stick with them and maintain the library this way as hard drives are now insanely cheap. I'm not sure what my next streaming device will be, but again, having access to an uncompressed library and to great stations on the 'web is indeed a thing of beauty...and frankly, I could care less about iPod / itouch / iwhatever compatability.
email: mark@immersifi.com
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-jay/5/82a/237

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts