I own the DVD Trilogy about 10 years now and its a super package of extras. Saw the BlueRay pack on sale for $59 and had to snap it up. In fact will just swap out the discs as the DVD package is far superior.

The DVD remains a great package but the BlueRay was very much worth it. It adds 2 more hours of extras but more important is the audio.

These films don't have many special effects or low frequency programing but the music and intensity is very much apparent. The lack of black bars also is very nice using the whole screen.

The sound track jumps out and really adds to the drama. This is a movie I watch annually and this caught me by suprise. The car explosion scene is no suprise to me but my bass shakers kicked in adding to the drama as if I was watching it for the first time.

Im new to Blu-Ray and am finding the wonders of the higer resolution. The Godfather is a movie shot in very low light and is famous for its black on black texures. Its unusual to see the weave of fabrics on black jackets and other details. Its not distracting.

I recently added a used copy of U-571 in BluRay as my reference disk for sound. The depth charge scene is an epic work out for the subwoofers and the new base shakers. My only complaint on the movie is you can see the makeup on some of the guys faces and hands as makeup and the submarines controls do look like a movie set. I was afraid the Godfather movie would not take well to the technology and show too much. I was wrong, the grainy effect is there to soften things up and I was engrossed in the movie as if I were back in pre multiplex movie house watching in all its glory!

I am using a new Oppo 93 blue reay and Panny Plasma TH-58PZ800U which is two year old unit in the 58 inch class. THX settings looked nice on the film. Lots of Outlaw goodies used also.