Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#86144 - 02/22/11 06:53 PM Re: Flexible RCA cables [Re: Bill O]
Bill O Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
Wish I had just bought the Blue Jeans Cable instead of making my own .
Only half the cables made work..The braided center did not work in the compression fitting me thinks. I cut each cable two inches longer than I need because I know I may just screw up . There is no room for two screw ups though.
I have some extra compression fitting, so I will cut the RCA connectors off the cable, solder the braided center core ( lightly ) and istall in new compression fitting and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

#86145 - 02/22/11 08:18 PM Re: Flexible RCA cables [Re: Bill O]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
I never had enough patience to do it myself knowing that if I screwed it up I couldn't send it back.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#86151 - 02/22/11 09:41 PM Re: Flexible RCA cables [Re: XenonMan]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
Did you ohm out the cables after you built them? Test continuity of the center conductor and the shield then test for a short between the shield and the center conductor.

Sometimes it easy for one little strand of the wire to bend back on insertion to the connector and short out to the shield. If you don't have a short but one of the conductors is open then you didn't strip back the insulator far enough or didn't slip the connector on the wire far enough.

There's a how to video on the Liberty site and they also have a tech support phone number. You might give them a call and see if they can provide any insight. According to their specs the connectors are supposed to work with Beldin 1505f.

#86161 - 02/23/11 05:44 PM Re: Flexible RCA cables [Re: EEman]
Bill O Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri

The Liberty connector was supposed to be for Belden 1505F, but installing the cable into the fitting I could never push it in as far as the viewing slot. The fit was so tight it pushed back the outer jacket back .My hands were sore as heck from pushing twisting pushing twisting etc.
The other problem was the inner braid was missing that ity bity hole. By removing the compression ring, and slidding it up the cable, I was able to push the cable in ( to the viewing slot )and test , if it was good, slide the compression ring back onto the RCA plug and compress it.If it wasn't , remove the cable and start over.
( When it didn't work the inner braid was balled up.)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts