Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#85716 - 01/24/11 06:10 PM Ceiling Mount
H Stevens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
Gonk, I noticed in your review that you have the OSL's mounted high. From your listening time to date, is the diffuse field wide enough to provide enough dispersion down to your listening position?

The manual stated to mount them approximately 2 feet above seating position which is typical of diffuse field speakers, and I understand that you mounted them in the only place possible at your home.

The reason for my questions is because I have a pair of dipoles that I purchased about 10 years ago that allow for ceiling mounting, which is the best place at my house. Do you think that the Outlaw's could be ceiling mounted?

With your experience with them at this point, do you think that the woofer aiming down would be a problem?

#85718 - 01/24/11 06:15 PM Re: Ceiling Mount [Re: H Stevens]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
My ceilings are at 8'-0", so high in my space is still 7'-0" AFF or a bit lower. That's more than the two feet above ear level, but it has worked very well for me.

I don't know that I'd mount them up against a ceiling - I'd want to keep the intended orientation.

#85719 - 01/24/11 06:43 PM Re: Ceiling Mount [Re: gonk]
H Stevens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
Thanks for the reply.

I felt the same way about the orientation, unfortunately I have a window 20 inches from the back wall which is where we sit.

I am contemplating purchasing LCR's for my fronts and center channel and was concerned that my existing rear surrounds wouldn't match up well. They crossover at 120Hz but the sensitivity is close to the OSL's at 86db (the OSL's are 88 db's).

Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM