Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#85726 - 01/25/11 08:35 AM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: SpOoNmAnBP]
SpOoNmAnBP Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Parma, Ohio USA
Hmm, Fed-ex tracking hasn't updated, it's not showing it's even in Ohio yet but the delivery date still shows today. Hope it arrives earlier this morning as usual, I can't sit here all day and wait for it frown

#85727 - 01/25/11 09:15 AM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: SpOoNmAnBP]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
FedEx's tracking info can be a bit quirky. I've heard it's because they don't do "phantom" scanning (which UPS does do), so until the package is physically scanned the information doesn't change even if the package has arrived somewhere.

#85728 - 01/25/11 09:31 AM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: gonk]
SpOoNmAnBP Offline
Gunslinger

I get a few packages every month and I think this has only happened maybe once before. It's sad that I know what Fedex hub it should go to depending on what area of the country it's coming from. This 1 coming from Cali should have been scanned at Columbus and headed to Middleburgh Hts and Out for Delivery from there. Again, this has only happened 1 time before where it didn't update at all until actually delivered so I won't lose sleep over it, I might not be able to say the same about $$ cuz I'm sitting here instead of work lol.

I'd rather have no update from Fedex than actual shipping from UPS. I was thrilled when I saw the Outlaws used Fedex, cannot stand the brown truck delivery company!

#85736 - 01/25/11 06:27 PM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: SpOoNmAnBP]
SpOoNmAnBP Offline
Gunslinger

*sigh*

Fedex finally updated @ 6pm, delivery got delayed to tomorrow. I hope you had better luck than me!

#85742 - 01/26/11 03:37 AM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: SpOoNmAnBP]
AJZepp Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Flowery Branch, GA
It sounds like we've had the opposite experience lol. I've had nothing but problems with FedEx over the past year or so. My shipment got delayed until tomorrow, too, but they have been screwing up almost every delivery I've had since I moved into my apartment last August. On top of that, the moron driver can't even figure out that the folks in the office can let him through the security gate. Somehow the UPS guy can always figure this out, but it's just too complicated for the FedEx guy, apparently.

That being said, I used to work with UPS, and while I rarely have a problem with their delivery, I have had past problems with damaged packages and I understand exactly why. I used to see first hand how the packages were handled, and it's very cavalier. FedEx seems to be the more reliable in terms of damage, but wow, the actual delivery service has taken a strong turn for the worse in my area.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll both have our M8 subs in house! I have Inception waiting right here ready to go on Thursday night. Hopefully FedEx won't screw with those plans any further!
7075 Amp
950 PrePro (2003-2010)
975 PrePro (2012-Present)
Outlaw ICs (2003-Present)
M8 Subwoofer (2011-Present)
???

#85746 - 01/26/11 09:54 AM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: AJZepp]
SpOoNmAnBP Offline
Gunslinger

Wow I don't feel so bad now that both of us got shafted yesterday lol. I'm almost 40 and nothing but troubles in the past 20 years with UPS(damages, lost packages, you name it) and Fedex has always been consistent, no matter what area I've lived in(moved 4 times in the past 15 years) but enough about our shipping woes! Can't wait for the M8! I don't know which blu-ray/hd-dvd's to fire up, decisions decisions! Hmm, just tracked it and it's coming from a city hub that isn't very close to me, might not be arriving till early evening. I don't care, as long as it shows up today... all is well!

#85761 - 01/26/11 06:06 PM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: SpOoNmAnBP]
AJZepp Offline
Gunslinger

Still at work, but just checked my tracking and it looks as if FedEx found a driver who can actually figure out how to get through my security gate. The M8 is sitting at home for me, so I'm gonna leave here about 730, stop off to pick up a new rat shack meter since I lost my trusty 9 y.o. one in the move, and get this thing fired up tonight! I'll report back either late tonight or tomorrow.

Hope you have the same good news, Spoonman!
7075 Amp
950 PrePro (2003-2010)
???

#85772 - 01/26/11 10:23 PM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: AJZepp]
AJZepp Offline
Gunslinger

Here are some pics just in case anyone wants to take a gander....sorry they are a bit washed out....just got home from long day at work and don't feel like screwing with it lol.

Sorry for the streaking booger in the first pic...sneezed when I clicked the button. (okay, not really)

M8, meet Maggie

Safe packing = safe travels

M8 in good company - Amos Lee and Maggie
7075 Amp
950 PrePro (2003-2010)
???

#85782 - 01/27/11 10:43 AM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: AJZepp]
Jimna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO
What Maggie's are those? I love planars.

Outlaw 970>
Emotiva XPA-2>
Martin Logan Preface

Some Of My Live Recordings: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/J.Mimna

My Concert Photographs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimna/collections/72157613267633153/

#85791 - 01/27/11 12:08 PM Re: Perfect Timing, Outlaws! [Re: Jimna]
SpOoNmAnBP Offline
Gunslinger

Played with it for a few hours yesterday and from a performance standpoint it's a great little sub. I will say I haven't had a ported sub in 8 or 9 years and it definitely has a different sound and feel compared to the sealed ones. It hit's lower than the DefTech Prosub 800 I have in the smaller room and for now it's going to stay in there. After 2 hours of moving it around and calibrating and finding the 2nd sweet spot in the room, the duo pack quite a punch indeed for LFE duties. The bass pressure is now actually very noticable. It was 30% cheaper than the DefTech so kudos to the Outlaws!

The only drawback of the one I received(and not one that distracts me from enjoying it) is I pick up a local oldies channel no matter where it is in the room but only when the phase is set to 180. Thankfully it's set to 0. I brought in my Supercube and tested it in there as well and neither of my Deftech subs pick up any interference.

It also hums regardless of which wall socket/line conditioner/voltage regulator it's plugged into, also tried it in my main room with varying conditioners/regulators and still humming. Again, my other subs are dead quiet everywhere in the house. I made sure no other wires/cables were touching the interconnect or power cable, the hum only stops when unplugged entirely.

But, with that said, it's a kick ass sub for a room that's got 8ft ceilings and is about 12x14. The packing for transit is superb, very impressed. The finish is nice and the controls on back are solid. This is my 1st Outlaw sub so I can't compare to any others but am impressed with it's performance.

*Update: Just messed with 2 y cables I have, 1 is a cheap Radio shack and the other a 10 year old Acoustic Research cable and regardless of which female side I use for the M8, it hums, BUT... with the Radio Shack adapter it is quieter. Can anyone recommend a decent yet affordable Y adapter that has 1 Male turning into 2 females? I see the Outlaw cable is Out of Stock, damn.

Edited by SpOoNmAnBP (01/27/11 12:44 PM)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts