Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#85310 - 12/17/10 11:14 AM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: rubbersoul]
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Originally Posted By: rubbersoul
In your opinion which room correction technology is better than the other...Audyssey or Trinnov)?
Never compared the two head to head, with ALL other variables remaining constant, so I couldn't say.

I have heard the Trinnov, but that was their ($13k-$18k?) professional unit in a large home theatre that already sounded good (designed & tuned by Keith Yates). One of the impressive aspects of Trinnov is that it can tell you where your speakers are (distance, angle, elevation) with surprising precision. This allows it to compensate for imperfect layouts with their re-mapping feature. But how much of the technology from the professional Trinnov unit will make it into the 998 is anybody's guess at the moment.

By comparison, I've only heard Audyssey in non-professional installs. A couple of member of my local Los Angeles area HT group recently bought pre-pros/receivers with the latest version of Audyssey: MultEQxt32. The results in both cases were impressive, especially the smoothness and consistency of the bass (both set-ups are running dual subs, which the new Audyssey is particularly well suited for). If the 978 has MultEQxt32 and supports two subwoofers, then Outlaw will have a winner on their hands, even before introducing the 998.
Originally Posted By: rubbersoul
People on this forum seem to be rallying towards the Trinnov.
But that's based on what Outlaw likes (their fans follow), not any sort of A/B comparison. Once both units are out, people will be able to get a better idea of how the two room correction technologies compare.

#85311 - 12/17/10 05:17 PM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: sdurani]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It's true that the forum has had a lot of interest in Trinnov. As Sanjay points out, though, we've yet to hear Trinnov in a consumer product. The interest is largely intellectual at this point. From a purely theoretical standpoint, the 3D remapping concept is very interesting. On the other hand, Audyssey offers a lot more first-hand experience among consumers. It's not a magic cure-all, but if used properly I think it's a worthwhile tool to add to our toolkits.

#85312 - 12/17/10 05:59 PM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: gonk]
GaryB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Originally Posted By: gonk
...we've yet to hear Trinnov in a consumer product...

How quickly we forget the Sherwood Newcastle R-972...

It's perhaps more accurate to say that we haven't yet heard Trinnov correctly and reliably implemented in a consumer product. And Outlaw is obviously not having an easy time doing so, either. I remain very interested in Trinnov but, for someone like me who wants a real live new pre/pro in the next few months, Audyssey, a proven and well-known technology, remains a much better bet.

And in case anyone's forgotten, make it MultEq XT32 with Sub EQ HT, please. smile

#85313 - 12/18/10 12:09 AM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: GaryB]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I typed it. We've heard Trinnov, but have we actually heard Trinnov?

#85314 - 12/18/10 09:49 AM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: gonk]
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Apparently the Outlaws heard it at one time. A quote from Scott ... "The Trinnov Optimizer system, as incorporated in the R-972, is without a doubt one of the most significant audible advancements we have ever encountered!"

#85315 - 12/18/10 09:38 PM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: Keta]
Zuri Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I recently bought and sent back a TX-NR5007. It sounded pretty darn good w/ MultEq XT, and a B&K 200.7, but with the new 1.4 standards and MultEq XT32 now available I decided it was worth it to spend a little more. I was leaning towards the 5008 or an 80.2, but am intrigued by the 978. For me, it's worth waiting a few months. But,first quarter release and MultEq XT32 are deal-breakers. After March I'll just go with one of the for-mentioned AVR/Pre-Pro's.
Really, this is just another plug for XT32, and a hurry up!

#85321 - 12/21/10 11:55 AM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: GaryB]
pepar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: On an island
Originally Posted By: GaryB
[quote=gonk]

And in case anyone's forgotten, make it MultEq XT32 with Sub EQ HT, please. smile

FYI, every XT 32 box also has Sub EQ HT. The big must-have feature for me is that it be Audyssey Pro-ready. Or it will be an 80.2/5508 for me replacing an OP 885. I am in no rush, though, but would expect that could change if something isn't at least announced by March.

Jeff

Edited by pepar (12/21/10 11:58 AM)

#85323 - 12/21/10 02:45 PM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: pepar]
GaryB Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: pepar
FYI, every XT 32 box also has Sub EQ HT.

So far, I believe you're correct, although the Products with Audyssey Technologies site does show the Integra DHC-80.2 to have XT32 but not Sub EQ HT (probably in error). They're not necessarily mutually inclusive technologies, however... there are indeed several AVRs with Sub EQ HT but "only" MultEq XT.

I want both.

#85324 - 12/22/10 10:15 AM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: GaryB]
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States
FYI, according to the Integra specs, it does have both MultEQ XT32 and SubEQ HT.

#85325 - 12/22/10 01:16 PM Re: Any New Processor from Outlaw [Re: tkntz]
GaryB Offline
Gunslinger

I figured as much, as I indicated above.

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts