Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85444 - 01/02/11 02:56 PM Re: SACD CONNECTION CLARIFICATION [Re: dwmayo1]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
All SACD's are supposed to have a stereo track, but a surround track and a hybrid CD layer are both optional and may not be present on all discs. This is because it was originally a stereo only format, until pressure from DVD-Audio caused them to start offering surround support. In addition to checking whether the SACD has a surround track or not, I'd also check to see if the Denon has a setting for SACD audio priority. I haven't used Denon's players so don't know how they set them up, but OPPO's players have a setting that determines whether the player loads surround SACD, stereo SACD, or hybrid CD on SACD's that offer all of those. If it's set to stereo SACD, it will play that track even if a surround track is included. Setting it to surround SACD instead will cause it to use the surround track when available and stereo only when there's no surround track.

#85460 - 01/03/11 05:55 PM Re: SACD CONNECTION CLARIFICATION [Re: gonk]
dwmayo1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Hi Gonk, thank you for the timely feedback! always appreciated...Well I finally figured it out; perhaps by accident?? Apparently and for whatever reason, the Denon 2900 kept defaulting the Center, Rear, and Sub, to "disabled." I found in the manual for the Denon there is actually a way to "re-set" the Denon to its original factory settings; which I did and it appears problem solved.

I then proceeded to configure the speaker set up with the on screen menu for Denon and to my amazement the SACD worked!!!! Unreal Sound!!!

I bet you guys knew this little trick all along but wanted me to go through the pain of figuring it out...LOL......I guess the old adage "we learn from our mistakes!" Thanks a bunch! Great learning experience....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts