Wow. This forum is so dusty I'm hoping this gets a peek or two...

My 1050 has always been great. I've used it in combination with a 2 channel audio system and HT. I have it set up for preamp-out for the front left and right channels and use an external amp for those and my 2-channel audio system.

A few months ago one of my external amp channels stopped working. Yesterday I finally had the time to open it up (Odyssey amp) and was relieved to see that the fuses for that channel were blown.

Got everything back in order but now come to find out the 1050 isn't working for HT. I went through all the settings tooth and nail but could not get any sound out of it. What was weird tho is that my front speakers to the external amp weren't working either. As a last ditch in trying all sorts of options and basically throwing darts, I switched the rear surrounds to the 'large' speaker setting. In doing this, suddenly my front right and left channels worked (through the preamp out to my external amp). Now I can run stereo, but not surround. True surround works to my front speakers, but no center channel or rear surrounds. I'm guessing that when my main amp blew a channel, whatever caused that may have also caused the amps internal to the 1050 to cease. Is there any fuses internal to the 1050? The 6 amp on the rear panel is fine. Also, why would my front speaker preamp-outs only work with the rear surrounds set to 'Large'? It was never this way before.

This old receiver has always done exactly what I've asked of it so I had to give up on it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy