Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#85019 - 10/28/10 07:43 AM Remote codes for FIOS boxes
Bob Becker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, D.C.
Does anyone have remote codes for the Motorola DVRs Verizon uses. I just got a QIP7232 and I want to program my URC MX-850. I cannot find any codes on Remote Central for recent Motorola boxes and the Motorola manual, which is on the Verizon website, does not have them.

#85020 - 10/28/10 12:25 PM Re: Remote codes for FIOS boxes [Re: Bob Becker]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've had similar trouble with some new Comcast boxes (which may also be Motorola units). I found a code set for the MX-900 by updating the MX-900 firmware, but I haven't been able to find similar codes for the MX-700. I've tried learning from the new remote, but for some reason both boxes' remotes have been squirrely in that regard.

#85034 - 10/31/10 08:59 AM Re: Remote codes for FIOS boxes [Re: gonk]
Bob Becker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, D.C.
I have begun building a set for the QIP7232. Perhaps because Verizon is using a different remote now I have been able to learn the codes for the navigation buttons; the guide, info and related buttons; and the DVR. I am looking for discrete codes for things like on/off.

I found one post that said Motorola acquired General Instrument and the GI code sets might work. The ones packaged with my version of the MX-850 software go back to 2006 or so when URC stopped distributing up-to-date software to end users, so the GI code sets that are available are very limited (mainly STBs, not DVRs). But the discrete codes might work??

One problem is that the MX-850 doesn't have some useful buttons, such as REC. It would be possible to put those things on a page of commands, but that would not be very useful. I have never played with the press and hold buttons, but that might make up for the deficit.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts