Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84210 - 07/03/10 08:35 PM Re: Has Outlaw Lost Its Way? [Re: AvFan]
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Hadn't occurred to me until just now, but not too long ago it felt like e-commerce had many consumers questioning the whole idea of "big-box retailers". Is it just me, or does this discussion seem to suggest that the big-boxers have regained some ground?

#84211 - 07/03/10 08:53 PM Re: Has Outlaw Lost Its Way? [Re: tru blu]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I think the big boxes have the same problems they've always had: poor customer service combined with product quality that doesn't necessarily match the price. The problem, however, is that smaller retailers (Internet direct and more traditional brick & mortar) have a smaller share of the market and generally have to target the more educated consumer - one who also frequently has a higher budget than someone looking for a very basic home theater in a box. That market has certainly suffered in the face of the recession, leading people (such as Ritz's friend) who might have been potential customers to question whether they should step up to the level of quality associated with Outlaw gear. It is that uncertainty that leads someone to justify the notion that the less expensive products at Best Buy are equal to Outlaw products.

The industry-wide struggles with implementing HDMI in receivers and processors during this recession haven't helped.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts