Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#84076 - 06/23/10 07:29 AM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: gonk]
refurb Offline
Gunslinger

Make that FOUR posters. You guys can have it. BTW: your post was rude, as if you were baiting me to respond. NP, it's the sound of one hand clapping. It's all yours. Let the record show that "Gonk" thinks he should have been offended. When that happens, it's hell to pay: he is the leader of the other 3 and the local arbiter of posts.

Edited by refurb (06/23/10 07:32 AM)

#84077 - 06/23/10 08:28 AM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: refurb]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Sorry to see you go, as you made some interesting posts until you got bent out of shape yesterday. If you consider my post "baiting," though, you might want to re-read your own - declaring the forum to be "sad" certainly could qualify as baiting. I hope you enjoy your RR2150, and would still be glad to read any thoughts you have on the unit. I'd even try to help answer any questions you might have.

#84078 - 06/23/10 08:40 AM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: gonk]
refurb Offline
Gunslinger

5 people isn't a forum...it's a clique. If this forum even had 20 members, it might be worth posting a review. But since it only has 4...it's not my place to be. If the outlaw doesn't blow my HK and denon away, it will get returned faster than you can say "Emotiva".

Incidentally, anyone offended by my posts are the ones that need a thicker skin, not me.

#84083 - 06/23/10 12:27 PM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: refurb]
Jimna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO
wow, moving on....

Is anyone here using EAC to rip directly to FLAC? I cant seem to find the setting for compression levels.

Outlaw 970>
Emotiva XPA-2>
Martin Logan Preface

Some Of My Live Recordings: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/J.Mimna

My Concert Photographs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimna/collections/72157613267633153/

#84085 - 06/23/10 01:55 PM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: Jimna]
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Wow, indeed…

#84086 - 06/23/10 02:11 PM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: tru blu]
ndskurfer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND
Jimna -

I have used EAC for my entire library in ripping straight from CD to FLAC. Here is a helpful guide:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC

Do you have the FLAC installer? The link for downloading is included in the link above.

I also have a copy of my library in MP3, where converted my FLAC's to MP3 using dbpoweramp, which has a small license fee to unlock the additional conversion software.

#84087 - 06/23/10 04:25 PM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: ndskurfer]
Jimna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO
Thanks!! As soon as I get home I'll give this a try!

Outlaw 970>
Emotiva XPA-2>
Martin Logan Preface

Some Of My Live Recordings: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/J.Mimna

My Concert Photographs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimna/collections/72157613267633153/

#84102 - 06/25/10 01:43 PM Re: FLAC instead of MP3...made simple [Re: Jimna]
edcrash1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fairfield, CT (Suburb of NYC)
I have to add something about the Refurb diatribe. Seriously, what got Refurb's panties in a wad? Although I did not find his "Apple Zombie" commment THAT offensive (I guess I have become one); I believe Refurb's follow-on defense was way out of line and well deserving of the written rebukes he subsequently received, especially in respect putting down the contributions of the frequent posters.

As for me, I am only a sometimes poster because I only have a few things to contribute or ask; but I am almost an everyday reader of this forum. This forum has been invaluable to me over the last 4 years of my excersion as an audio "enthusiest" (to use a term aptly suggested by a few people from another post). In my opinion, this forum is not weighed down by a lot of dead weight, "audiophile" bluster, superfluous opinions, and never-ending topic choices, as I have found in other forums, such that it makes following posts and finding useful information in some other forums quite teadeous and not very enjoyable. And, as for the "five" regular posters (albeit I know there are many more regulars than that), their contributions are almost always neighborly and informative, and lacking any hint of superiority. But, let's face it, the "five" regulars are self made experts in the field and we regular forum readers learn a lot from their insights into Outlaw specifically as well as into other companies, products, and audio/video state-of-the-art.

For these reasons, I look forward to the "five" regulars' continued insightful contributions. You are very much appreciated by me (and I am sure by many others). So if you "five" are ever in Connecticut or New York City, please let me know so while you are in Connecticut I can show off my system that has been pieced together with a lot of your insights, or while you are in New York City I can buy you a drink.

Ed.
Apple TV w/750 gb HD music server
Universal MX-810
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR
Blue Jeans Cables

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts