Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 19 of 31 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31 >
Topic Options
#84135 - 06/27/10 09:43 AM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: redman6]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Originally Posted By: redman6
I suspect, what the software designer had in their shop was different to what the final release product was.. now playing catch-up due to the difference in internal hardware is likely the hurdle they have yet to overcome.

sometimes removing hardware to save weight and its functions in aid of half compiled software derivative may not always function the way it was intended to function a poorly designed tree likely doesn't help matter either..

I've seen some others pose similar theories back when the UMC initially launched and the reports from Dan Laufman that it was working "perfectly" in December were proven to be inaccurate once the unit reached consumers. The firmware developers were contracted from India and the hardware was built in China. If there were hardware changes that caused things to go awry, it would have been easier to fix by keeping the code that worked "perfectly" in December and have the factory return to the original specs. That wouldn't fix the design decisions like bass management and video pass-through, but it would help with the other issues. They have focused solely on firmware, though, so I think the likelihood of an unannounced hardware change in production units being the culprit is slim to none.

#84145 - 06/29/10 09:39 AM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: gonk]
redman6 Offline
Gunslinger

you never know Gonk..

playing catch up can be a bitch at times..

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790

#84166 - 07/01/10 01:24 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: SRW1000]
DavieJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
If there's a USB port for upgrades, how about the ability to plug in an external drive with movies on it?? Or the ability to stream movies over the network (if it'll have an ethernet port)?? I would LOVE these features and the receiver would truly be the heart of my home theater!!

#84171 - 07/01/10 03:27 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: SRW1000]
FilmMixer Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles Area, CA
Feature request:

A quick, one button push OSD screen with all pertinent source signal info, including video resolution, bit depth, audio sample rate, codec, bit depth, channel count and most importantly, for compressed codecs, the dialog normalization offset/value.

#84172 - 07/01/10 03:51 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: FilmMixer]
Smarty-pants Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: FilmMixer
Feature request:

A quick, one button push OSD screen with all pertinent source signal info, including video resolution, bit depth, audio sample rate, codec, bit depth, channel count and most importantly, for compressed codecs, the dialog normalization offset/value.

Excellent request! I'd love to see that too.

#84174 - 07/01/10 04:14 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: FilmMixer]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Feature request:

I like this as well. I've long desired a button that reports input audio format (including channel count), current audio processing, input video resolution, and output video. I'd want it to show up on the front panel, since I normally disable on-screen pop-ups like this, in which case it would tend to be either a single button that cycles through different bits of data with multiple pushes or a single button that triggers a series of front panel reports automatically shown in series. The 885 has a button that does a little bit of this, but it stops short of what I'd like.

#84175 - 07/01/10 04:53 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: Smarty-pants]
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Would be nice if there was some sort of parametric EQ or tone control that was independent from the room correction system, so both could be used together. The room correction would be automated; used to minimize the room's unwanted contributions. The PEQ would be manual; letting you adjust the overall sound to your personal taste.

More useful with music than with movies. The film industry has standards that mixing rooms adhere to. No such reference in the music industry. Heck, I have garage band CDs that were mixed in... well, a garage. (Must have sounded bright in there, because the high frequencies are completely rolled off.) Access to a PEQ would help compensate for that.

#84176 - 07/01/10 06:31 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: gonk]
edcrash1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fairfield, CT (Suburb of NYC)
Originally Posted By: gonk
Feature request:

I like this as well. I've long desired a button that reports input audio format (including channel count), current audio processing, input video resolution, and output video. I'd want it to show up on the front panel, since I normally disable on-screen pop-ups like this, in which case it would tend to be either a single button that cycles through different bits of data with multiple pushes or a single button that triggers a series of front panel reports automatically shown in series. The 885 has a button that does a little bit of this, but it stops short of what I'd like.

I like this as well. But I would want a setup or at least a toggel feature that allows for either on screed display or front panel display so that both the on-screen-display-supporters and the front-panel-display-supporters can benefit from the feature. Additionally, as I stated before, I would want the on-screen-display information to be displayed in ghost fashion over the existing video being displayed.
Apple TV w/750 gb HD music server
Universal MX-810
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR
Blue Jeans Cables

#84179 - 07/01/10 07:30 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: edcrash1]
KOYAAN Offline
Desperado

Loc: Sanford NC
Outlaw has traditionally designed OSDs that don't obscure the primary display but offer a secondary display format for tech. info. I'd like to see this same philosophy followed. If you want to see all of this, buy a secondary display, don't burden your family and guests with it.
Pioneer Elite DV-47A
Magnavox HDMR513h DVR/DVD-R
Sony DVD megachangers-2
Sony CD megachangers-2
Monster power centers-2
Sony 48" rear projection SDTV
Roku video player
JVC AL-A158 Turntable
Polk RT-2000s,CS-650,XS-650s,RT80s
LFM-1EX
Hsu VTF-1
12" Velodyne

Family room:
OPPO 970
Sony 32" direct view HDTV
Denon 3801
Rolk RMs

#84191 - 07/02/10 12:54 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: KOYAAN]
FilmMixer Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles Area, CA
Sanjay.... That is a great request. I wonder if there is an easy way to implant this on top of Trinnov processing......

FEATURE REQUEST:

HDMI pass through when the SSP is in standby, either last selected or assignable. Great for sat/cable sources when the family doesn't want to fire up the system.

Page 19 of 31 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 206 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts