Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#8349 - 07/02/04 08:05 AM Rocket RS 750 Signature Edition
phatlac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: lake mary, fl, USA
Looks like the new version of the Rockets are shipping. I am considering an upgrade from a pair of Pardigm Studio 20s to a larger front speaker. The upgrade doesn't have to necesarily be floor standing, but the Rockets have gotten great reviews like the Pardigm Sig. line. Anyone out there ever compare the Rockets to the Pardigm Reference or Signature series?

I would be driving the new speakers with the same pair of Model 200s currently driving my Studio 20s. I figure if your gonna drop $1500-$2000 on a front pair, get some real world opinions and reviews first.

Anyfeed back would be great.

Current Set Up:
(2) Outlaw Model 200s
(2) Paradigm Studio 20 - RF/LF
(2) Paradigm ADP470s for Surrounds
(1) Paradigm CC570
(1) SV Subwoofer PC Ultra
(1) Outlaw 950 Pre Amp
(1) Samsung HD931 DVD
(1) Denon 5900 DVD
(1) Samsung HLN50 HDTV Monitor
(1) Huges Sat Rcvr
(1) Samsung SIR TS160 HDTV Sat Rvcr
(1) Toshiba Laptop
(1) Anthem 5 CH Amp (ADPs/CC570)
(lots) Outlaw Interconnects

Thanks,

PhatLac
(For those who have inquired, "PhatLac" is the name my kids gave my truck.)

#8350 - 07/11/04 09:15 AM Re: Rocket RS 750 Signature Edition
phatlac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: lake mary, fl, USA
Didn't get any hits on this from this forum, but I did get some feedback from a couple of other forums out there.

The Onix Refs (not the new Sigs) seemed to get more support for those who listen to more music than movies. The Paradigm Signature collection is getting abit of the same. If I were to go invest in another music only set-up, I would upgrade my MLs, albeit one at a time! (My music system is taking a back seat at the moment for financial reasons. BTW, both Krell and Onix have some trade in things going you may want to check out!)

There were a couple of folks that have listened to the older Rocket 750s vs. the pre-Signature line of the Paragigms and, as I figured, its a taste thing rather than a "this is better" argument. Comments like bright and warm were used to describe both at times. The amps employed have a lot to do with this also, so I will see what sounds better with my M200s and Anthem.

I opted to test the Rocket 750 Sig Theater package with my set up first. I may not be able to get the entire Paradigm setup here at the house for "testing". The local dealers are gun shy when it comes to "testing", or maybe they don't love me anymore since my last $7K worth of purchases have been done on-line. Oh well . . .

PhatLac.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM