Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#83355 - 04/17/10 02:04 PM Green Screen!!
beeper Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: rhinelander
We were playing a PS3 game when video and audio both went out. audio came back as if it were just HDMI handshake but the video just went green. I have switched the hdmi cable directly to the ps3, dvd player and to the satellite receiver and get video just fine. So I believe this indicates that it is not my Tv or my HDMI cable. I have switched the cable to the video "sub" output and made the corresponding changes in the setup for the PR-SC886. There was no improvement, still just the green screen. Help!
Well, I just went back downstairs to look at it again while waiting on hold for Onkyo tech support. Still Green. While down there I thought I'd power it down again and restart it. Then I thought, well, let's try unplugging it maybe that will reset something. It did we are back up and with video. Unfortunately, I don't know what the heck caused it to happen and when I should expect it to happen again.

#83356 - 04/17/10 03:20 PM Re: Green Screen!! [Re: beeper]
fdxsteve Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: rhode island
I have the same thing happening when there is a short electrical loss lasting only a few seconds. My cable box will reset and the display will come on but the 886 won't work. So I removed the power plug from the back of the 886 and everything works fine. This has happened only a couple of times but I'm glad the solution is so simple.
SAMSUNG 5265/ ONKYO PRO PR-SC886/ FRONT SPEAKERS DEF TECH MYTHOS 1'S/ CENTER DEF TECH MYTHOS 9/ SURROUNDS ENERGY C20'S/ OPPO BDP-83/ OUTLAW 7700 POWER AMP/ VERIZON HI DEF DVR.TWO UBER 10 INCH SUBS FROM ORB AUDIO

#83357 - 04/17/10 03:48 PM Re: Green Screen!! [Re: fdxsteve]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
PRE-PROs are much mor elike computers than any other component in your system. Sometime they need to be reset when something unexpected happens. I have had mine turned off and on again via my power conditioner with no ill effects. I think the power conditioner is fast enough on the draw that it avoids the 886 from experiencing a low voltage condition where it only really halfway shuts down. The H-15 shuts it down all the way as if it were turned off.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Who's Online
0 registered (), 111 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM