Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#83033 - 03/19/10 09:14 AM Re: Thank you... [Re: gonk]
wolverine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
Thanks Gonk. I thought one reason to have standards was to actually protect the consumer. I sent this question to Marantz customer service about their current products, and they did not know either. So ignorance is not just on the consumer side. Isn't progress wonderful? wink

#83034 - 03/19/10 09:21 AM Re: Thank you... [Re: wolverine]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Somebody recently mentioned HDMI to me as a "standard" while discussing Blu-ray players - I pointed out that, as a standard, HDMI has had five major versions and at least a couple "a" revisions in less than eight years. That's pretty non-standard...

#83035 - 03/19/10 10:03 AM Re: Thank you... [Re: wolverine]
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
Originally Posted By: wolverine
This actually brings it back to my original question. I realize that 1.4 internet and 3D content will not be able to be processed or decoded by a current generation preamp or receiver without at least a software update, or perhaps never. I was asking if a current preamp or receiver with HDMI 1.3 was set to pass through mode with no internal video processing, would it be able to transfer 1.4/3D content on to a monitor, the way the Outlaw 990 can successfully pass HDMI video content through HDMI/DVI and DVI/HDMI adapters. I would think that might be possible as long as HDMI remains pin-for-pin and wire-for-wire compatible.

The answer is yes on 1.3 repeaters (any receiver that processes HDMI signals is a repeater) transmitting 3D, whether or not it's set to passthrough. We know this because, according to the CE press, all BD-Live enabled BD players are upgradable to send 3D over 1.3. However, due to bandwidth limitations, not at 1080p - 3D over 1.3 will be limited to 2 1080i streams from BD and two 540i streams from cable boxes. (This is, of course, in theory, as anyone who's dealt with HDMI repeaters knows there are implementation problems galore.) See here for reference.

1.4 as a standard, though, will NOT pass through a 1.3 compliant repeater, and available info specifically mentions the Ethernet channel as the problem. Considering that the hardware is manufactured to the specifications of a particular HDMI version, I would not expect any of the other 1.4 features to be passable since there has been no mention of them.

#83094 - 03/23/10 12:24 PM Re: Thank you... [Re: Larry Venable]
taclamakan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Weston, FL
Originally Posted By: Larry Venable
thank you for letting me wait 2 years, thanking your team foir moving me to the Integra DHC80.1 Onkyo 5705 pre-pro; it aint perfect, then again its real and for sale.I've gotten tired of waiting for vaporware. If you want folks to do business; level with them; don't ignore info requests for MONTHS.

the 997 is a real disappointment.Hope the 998 is more than that; buy then I didnt wait... my integra DHC80.1 is great

I have jumped out the wagon.
Yesterday I got my new Integra DHC80.1
After two years, waiting for a 997, I pulled the trigger few days ago. The idea of the 998 is not real yet,.....not for me now.
Having a lot of Outlaw products, trying to be loyal, I took the decision to look for new horizons

Now,....I have to sell my well trusty 1050.
Accessory: Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
Speakers:
2 x PSB Image T65 Fronts (L/R), PSB C60 Center, 2 x AR-15 Bookshelf Surrounds (L/R), 2 x AR-P212 Back Channels (l/R), 2 x PSB B6 Bookshelf Front Heights (L/R)
Sources: PS3, HD-DVD, VCR, LaserDisc, Oppo 93
Previous AV Processor: Outlaw Model 1050 Receiver as Pre

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM