Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#8296 - 06/05/04 12:21 PM Re: My System
shawnb16 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: North Haven, CT
Hey it's all about the upgrade!! That's why most of us are in this hobby. Start with what you can and keep replacing the weakest link as money and time allow and just keep at it until you're happy, the catch though is that you're never going to be totally satisfied. And remember a good system is one that sounds good to you!!

[This message has been edited by shawnb16 (edited June 05, 2004).]

#8297 - 06/05/04 12:33 PM Re: My System
Signal_20 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Orlando, Florida
That's what is bad, there is no end in sight for this. Just when you thought you had the latest and best along comes something new. I hopw the 950 does not get replaced any time soon. My God is there no end to this madness?

------------------
Jim - Signal_20

[This message has been edited by Signal_20 (edited June 05, 2004).]

#8298 - 06/05/04 01:19 PM Re: My System
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

There's probably no end - but you get to the point of vastly diminishing returns and slow down on the acquisitions.

For the first time in a many years I'm at the point where I can't think of a single purchase that I need to make, nor one that I want to make. And I did not have to rob a bank to get to this stage, Patience, time, and a reasonable (ie, affordable) flow of cash is what it takes.

Oh yeah. And the ability to avoid being suckered by yet another fad!

Jeff Mackwood

#8299 - 06/05/04 06:29 PM Re: My System
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Quote:
Originally posted by Signal_20:
Keeping a budget in mind what would be some suggestions for center and rear speakers that might go with the Legacy mains? The side surroounds are as I said Infinity 5 inch 2 ways.

Honestly, you gotta experiment a little bit. Only your ears will really tell you what works well with your speakers in your room. For starters, you may look around the web for other people running Legacy speakers. Find out what they're running, you may find something similiar that works for you. Keep in mind that you don't have to go with the top of the line from speaker companies to get reasonable performance. A lower, cheaper model may work for you.

Another pair of Infinity speakers might work well with the rear surrounds to match your side surrounds...

#8300 - 06/05/04 11:47 PM Re: My System
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i would definitely get a legacy brand center to match your fronts. remember it will be the most important speaker for hit... i dont know their cost or what models you have now (since your edit...), but they will most closely match what you have im sure. pick one up used if you can find one in good shape (to get the same line of speaker), speakers last a long time...

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts