Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#83349 - 04/16/10 12:09 PM Re: no-audio returns [Re: shimrod]
Jimna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO
FWIW mine is on its way to Massachusetts. But I did have issues with mine if the signal would drop momentarily. For example when I opened my audio editing software it always cause a millisecond drop in signal and the 970 would loose audio, while the Denon upstairs would not. Also if i had music already playing upstairs and then turned on the 970 mid song it wouldnt lock on at all until i cycled the unit, and then I had music. To me all this was annoying but not that big a deal as long as after a quick fix I was rocking out.

Coincidentally I have a show to record tonight and am dreading trying to work with the audio tomorrow. Ive never been a fan of using cans in audio mixing, they make everything better than it is on a real playback system, which leads to mixes that dont sound like I intended them....oh I miss my 970 already....whoa is me. :^P

Outlaw 970>
Emotiva XPA-2>
Martin Logan Preface

Some Of My Live Recordings: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/J.Mimna

My Concert Photographs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimna/collections/72157613267633153/

#86810 - 04/17/11 11:41 PM Re: no-audio returns [Re: Jimna]
shimrod Offline
Gunslinger

Well, the 970 is dead. The no-audio state described earlier is a permanent condition, although the video output is still there. Strange. Even in bypass mode sourced from my external DAC there's no audio output. I've submitted a trouble ticket and we'll see what happens. I've been waiting impatiently for Outlaw to produce a new processor and they didn't get it done in time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM