Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8260 - 06/29/04 11:49 AM Re: bass shakers
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
poses means possess?

come on wayne... lol

bass shakers definitely work, so there is sound down there in their frequency, and even if it doesnt go quite that low it will still rattle your butt.

my qualm is the price vs value.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#8261 - 06/30/04 08:53 PM Re: bass shakers
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
The AuraSound devices are a good entry level LLFE (Low Low Freq. Effect). I bought them for a small investment to see If I would like the results. I do, but it is not something I use all the time.

Wayne, What is the best way to mount any of these devices in a Lazyboy recliner. I would have to mount them somewhere in the Lazyboy as the WAF would not allow external methods like s platform.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8262 - 06/30/04 10:15 PM Re: bass shakers
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
If you look under bass shakers at parts express, they have some user projects posted there. I believe one of them describes the mounting inside of a lazy boy type recliner

www.partsexpress.com

#8263 - 07/01/04 11:52 PM Re: bass shakers
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
I have installed Aura Bass Shakers in the 2 recliner portions of our sectional group.

The trickiest part about installing in a recliner is finding a spot with enough room that doesn't interfere with the chair mechanism or the spring/cushion movement when in use. I turned one of the chairs upside-down and removed some of the upholstery from the back (luckily attached with velcro). Then I worked the reclining mechanism back and forth to see where I had clearance. Originally I tried to fit them under the seat but ended up mounting them across the back, in the kidney area. I cut a pine 1x6 and fastened it to the two main vertical frame members with liquid nails construction adhesive and drywall screws. Then I attached the shaker to the pine board in the middle with wood screws. The 1x6 is compliant enough to vibrate when excited by the shakers and couple well to the main frame without rattling or buzzing.

We have alot of fun with these. It's great to see the look on the face of an unsuspecting guest when their chair starts to "move". One friend of ours actually leapt to her feet during a movie and turned to look back at the seat. I bought them as a cheap experiment but was pleasantly surprised with their performance, especially when used judiciously (like most of these effects type things). Very easy to drive too. They can get a little annoying when listening to music when they are real active so I usually turn them down for a more subtle enhancement.

I highly recommend these to anyone who can't use a subwoofer (space considerations, apartment neighbors, etc.) And if you already have a sub it does complement. Great way to enhance headphone listening too.

------------------
Tekdredger

#8264 - 07/02/04 02:34 AM Re: bass shakers
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 342 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts