Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#8212 - 05/26/04 03:41 PM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
the last paragraph is where your post got good. "I'm just using the subs built into my main speakers for now." im still laughing for you to be posting like you have any idea what is going on with subwoofers and then spit out a comment like that. thats like a kid playing teeball, talking about playing in the majors and saying he could hit like Barry Bonds, he might get there someday, but hes nowhere close right now.

I'm understanding why soundhound seems to dislike you so much. You have shown nothing as to why a sub should sound better than the other in your review. I've listened to a number of subs in demo rooms. You only asked about ones that I have owned. Why do I have to spend several grand on a sub to understand what makes them sound good? Are you really that ignorant and in love with yourself? How about buy them both, demo them, and return the one you don't like as much? Also, I did NOT say these were the best subs ever. Did it ever occur to you I might be saving up for something else? Maybe I should get a nicer place to live first. I am content with what I have now, but I know there is better.

In that two sub comparison from before there is absolutely nothing that will tell you one sub is better than the other. Alright, frequency response may be of some use, but do you know if they were measured under the same conditions? I'd like to see the graph plotted out instead. Yes, I sound like a broken record here, but what about distortion and transient response? There's nothing on those two.

I admit when I don't know something. I don't try to blow smoke and pretend there is useful information where there isn't.

[This message has been edited by JT Clark (edited May 26, 2004).]

#8213 - 05/26/04 06:11 PM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
thanks for sticking with the same silly argument. the point is, do YOU have anything to offer anyone as far as advice in looking at subwoofers?, obviously you do not or you would have said something new. anything i said would obviously mean nothing to you, because you said yourself (not in so many words) that you dont know jack about subwoofers. until you do, then stop posting about them. even better until you own one... your speculation is just that, you have no experience, you have no knowledge, you are offering no insight, and yet you are still talking about something that you dont know about... it is pretty funny. again ill pose the question, what is one to do if they cant demo a product or read a technical review of it, come on jt answer the question for once.

#8214 - 05/26/04 06:13 PM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by JT Clark:
I admit when I don't know something. I don't try to blow smoke and pretend there is useful information where there isn't.

[This message has been edited by JT Clark (edited May 26, 2004).]

its still pretty smoky in here, its a good thing i turned the fan on and saw what was underneath that smoke... nothing.
wait it was my copy of the lotr3 which you said wasnt out yet... doh, howd you get it?

[This message has been edited by curegeorg (edited May 26, 2004).]

#8215 - 05/26/04 07:04 PM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

curegeorg > all

I'll stop this ridiculous nonsense here because obviously you can't know anything unless you have lots of money to throw around.

#8216 - 05/26/04 07:27 PM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
JT don't let it get to you. Think of it as poison ivy, you scratch for a while but it doesn't help so eventually you leave it alone and it goes away on it's own......stop scatching, it won't help. Most gunslingers have figured that out over time.

[This message has been edited by Keta (edited May 26, 2004).]

#8217 - 05/26/04 08:02 PM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

It goes away on it's own, but if I stop scratching it won't help? Is that just a typo?

#8218 - 05/27/04 01:42 AM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

man, i am so allergic to posion ivy its not even funny. i have to get a shot if i get anywhere near that stuff, if not, it is agonizing. interesting to see this topic in another forum that you started jt... ill drop the subject we were addressing earlier, so we can move on to better things.

[This message has been edited by curegeorg (edited May 27, 2004).]

#8219 - 05/27/04 01:46 AM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by JT Clark:
curegeorg > all

I'll stop this ridiculous nonsense here because obviously you can't know anything unless you have lots of money to throw around.

there are lots of inexpensive subs. i never said you had to buy and expensive one, just best you can afford. just one at all is an improvement over none.

#8220 - 05/27/04 03:29 AM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
Tony S Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Montclair, NJ , Essex
Quote:
because you said yourself (not in so many words) that you dont know jack about subwoofers. until you do, then stop posting about them. even better until you own one... your speculation is just that, you have no experience, you have no knowledge, you are offering no insight, and yet you are still talking about something that you dont know about... it is pretty funny...

Yeah, I know just what you mean. I paid this company more than 40 g's for my theater in my home. The wife and kids loved it, but it turns out the freaking subs didn't coordinate good with my big front speakers. Turns out these guys weren't so expert as they said in the beginning. I can't say I would recommend them highly.

So I moved the subs to my boat, and if you have a party, like in nice whether and all, you couldn't get the subs to sound loud enough. Please let me know if you know what would sound good, for a 50 foot Hatteras (36 inch twin square screws powered by two 800 horsepower diesel engines). I will have a lot of friends out on the water this spring, so perhaps you could come along. I am sure you could be a big help. We will be taking the boat out a lot this year, so it's not a problem.

#8221 - 05/27/04 12:21 PM Re: Proposed new system--comments needed
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony S:
Quote:
[b]because you said yourself (not in so many words) that you dont know jack about subwoofers. until you do, then stop posting about them. even better until you own one... your speculation is just that, you have no experience, you have no knowledge, you are offering no insight, and yet you are still talking about something that you dont know about... it is pretty funny...

Yeah, I know just what you mean. I paid this company more than 40 g's for my theater in my home. The wife and kids loved it, but it turns out the freaking subs didn't coordinate good with my big front speakers. Turns out these guys weren't so expert as they said in the beginning. I can't say I would recommend them highly.

So I moved the subs to my boat, and if you have a party, like in nice whether and all, you couldn't get the subs to sound loud enough. Please let me know if you know what would sound good, for a 50 foot Hatteras (36 inch twin square screws powered by two 800 horsepower diesel engines). I will have a lot of friends out on the water this spring, so perhaps you could come along. I am sure you could be a big help. We will be taking the boat out a lot this year, so it's not a problem.

[/B]

sorry i dont live near nj, i was born there though. id say the best sub available is the Velodyne Digital Drive Signature 1812. if you wanted multiples, maybe the Digital Drive 18 would do for cost reasons. i couldnt tell you how well they would perform on a yacht, seeing as i havent heard anything more than a radio while boating. i do think that if the seas were rough it would throw off the servo control, and give you a little more distortion, but you would have to contact velodyne about the ill effects. at avs forum they have a link where a velodyne rep posts/replies to inquiries...

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts