Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#81892 - 12/02/09 02:47 AM Re: Can you believe it?
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Looks like QC sucks. Mine is 1.0.1 too! ????

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#81893 - 12/02/09 02:55 AM Re: Can you believe it?
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Quote:
It also enables other functions and corrects some problems that were in 1.01.
glenee,

Care to expand on that?

Despite a whole series of email messages to Onkyo Support where I specifically asked what problems are solved, and/or what functionality is added, by going from 1.01 to 1.05 I was never told. All I got was "what problems are you experiencing."

I've done a fair amount of searching, including the oft-referenced 886 thread over at AVS, and I'm none the wiser.

Mine has 1.01 and while I could certainly think of some functionality that I'd like to see added in firmware (mostly involving Audyssey) I can't say that I have come across any problems. But then again, and getting back to Onkyo "Support's" reply: I don't think it should be up to me to have to identify a problem before Onkyo will tell me whether its part of their existing firmware fixes - or not.

#81894 - 12/02/09 02:08 PM Re: Can you believe it?
glenee Offline
Gunslinger

Jeff, I see you a lot on the AVS Forum. I don't Post much over there only Read. The Big thing the firmware upgrade does for me, is to enable the Remote funtions on the Harmony remotes. It supposedly also Fixes some Video problems, Stops the shut down, and lock up, requiring a hard reset while running Audysey SetUp. Enables Audysey Pro use if you have the Kit and keys. Increases stability of the Unit in General. A lot of the Guys have said in post's that if your not having any problems and it is doing all that you need or want, there is no need to upgrade. I have been one to keep firmware current on all my equipment, for whatever reason and I would have liked to do the same here. I wished that Outlaw would have made sure that they were shipped with the latest firmware before shipping. That way coming from a Authorized Onkyo Dealer there would be No possible problems down line, and Onkyo saying it was caused by the consumer not doing the firmware up-date correctly, for whatever the problem may be. I know that Outlaw is busy and SCOTT is about as good of a Person as you would ever want to Deal with, I just got excited when Jennifer sent the email out to another member say that they would all come with 1.05. I am not Bitching, just disappointed and feeling a little unlucky. I guess that if the unit runs flawless as long as I have it, that alone is a Blessing.
I hooked the unit up yesterday, I have not Run Audysey yet, that is today. It did sound good going thru the Balanced connections, in PURE mode from my AYON CD-1 CDP.

#81895 - 12/02/09 02:41 PM Re: Can you believe it?
iardon Offline
Gunslinger

Mine also is 1.01. I wonder if anybody got the latest version.

I haven't had any problems yet except for when I turn on my projector (with the onkyo and amp already on) I get a pop from my speakers.

Probably not related to my firmware version, but... you never know.
M&K 851 for L/C/R
Axiom QS8 for SL/SR/1SB
SVS Pb12-ISD/2 (x2)
Sony VPL-HW15 (Retired Infocus 7205)
Sony PS3 / Pioneer DV-533

#81896 - 12/02/09 03:27 PM Re: Can you believe it?
glenee Offline
Gunslinger

Yes you never know. As Jeff said Onkyo is Tight Lipped about what their Firmware Up-Dates Actually Do. It is funny you should mention the Pop on Speakers.Yesterday after I had hooked up everything, I got a Thump/Pop from my speakers when I first plugged in the Onkyo. I have my Amps on the A trigger from the Onkyo and have not had any problems since. Don't think that's Firmware though.

#81897 - 12/02/09 03:42 PM Re: Can you believe it?
Scott Offline
Desperado

Glenee and XenonMan, thanks for pointing this out to us. Although we were under the impression that all units would be upgraded with the latest software before they were shipped, it appears that the units in one of the shipments to us slipped through Onkyo's outgoing QC without the upgraded software. We apologize for the error and of course, we will correct it for anyone who desires the updated code. We are also checking the remaining incoming shipments to assure that the proper software is installed before we fill any future orders.

Anyone who has received a unit with the old software and wishes to have it updated should contact us at onkyoupdate@outlawaudio.com and we'll arrange to have your unit returned and updated in a timely fashion at our expense. We thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Scott

#81898 - 12/02/09 04:44 PM Re: Can you believe it?
glenee Offline
Gunslinger

Scott, As always a stand-up guy. Is there any way you could put the upgrade to 1.05 on a disk or cheap thumbdrive and mail it to us with very detailed instructions, on exactly how to do the upgrade from our lap-tops or PC's. Save all this time and EXPENSE. If it came from Outlaw it would be a Authorized Update. Hell I'll send you a thumbdrive.
Thanks Scott,
Glen

#81899 - 12/02/09 04:54 PM Re: Can you believe it?
ryck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: saratoga springs,ny,usa
glenee
Good suggestion. But I think there would be a problem if someone tried to install the updated firmware and didn't do it correctly.The unit wouldn't work and would have to be shipped back anyway.(possibly voiding the warranty)

#81900 - 12/02/09 05:01 PM Re: Can you believe it?
glenee Offline
Gunslinger

If it is a Authorized Update and it didn't take, you would be sending it back anyway. I think we will get a whole lot more right Updates than wrong, much better than pulling it off the internet and not knowing what your pulling off or worse yet even if it is the proper update. In other words if you mess up send it back you were going to have to anyway. Just make sense with shipping cost being what they are.
My Two Cents.

#81901 - 12/02/09 05:17 PM Re: Can you believe it?
Scott Offline
Desperado

Unfortunately, we are not authorized by Onkyo to send the update to customers. It is my understanding that in some instances Onkyo will release the update if you sign a waiver indemnifying them of any fault should the unit be bricked during the update process.

Therefore, if you are confident in your ability to safely perform the installation you can try that option. Alternatively, we will pick up the round trip shipping charges if you would like to send your unit in for us to update.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts