Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#80656 - 12/30/08 04:59 PM Trinnov Processing
BrettCottel Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ceres, CA USA
Wouldn't paying a good calibrator to come over and calibrate your speakers to your room be about the same as this? Or will the processing continually change the sounds based on the source material?
Klipschorn front R
Klipsch Belle front left
Kilpsch Cornwall II's rear
Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds
Outlaw LFM-1
64" Samsung Plasma 8500
Amazon off air receiver
MX 850 Remote
Zappiti NAS RIP
Zappiti pro 4K HDR

#80657 - 12/30/08 05:44 PM Re: Trinnov Processing
Altec Offline
Desperado

Given somebody who can actually tune the equalizer with some degree of skill, doing that would be better than the software and hardware in either Trinnov or Audyssey can achieve. Finding somebody with those skills however is not easy. Finding somebody who says they have the requisite skills is pretty easy though...... wink

#80658 - 12/30/08 07:19 PM Re: Trinnov Processing
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The processing couldn't change continuously - unless you want to permanently mic your space so it can monitor room interactions. Like Audyssey or any other system, Trinnov is going to be something that you run once and that creates a set of adjustments.

As for a good calibrator, you get into several questions. First, as Altec points out, you need to find someone good. That's a significant trick. Second, you need to provide that good calibrator with the tools to conduct that calibration. Does your processor offer manually adjustable EQ's for each channel so that the adjustments can be made in the digital domain? If not, are you providing eight analog EQ's between processor and amp to adjust each channel individually? Third, how do you balance all that is involved in manual EQ with what would be involved in room treatment in lieu of room correction?

#80659 - 03/31/09 05:07 PM Re: Trinnov Processing
dcleary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Robbinsville, NJ
Does anyone know if Trinnov has an Professional interface like Audyssey does where a trained technition can offer increased/enhanced calibration capabilities? I just read an article from Stereophile about the newest version of Audyssey Pro and it seems like a very nice capability.

#80660 - 03/31/09 06:55 PM Re: Trinnov Processing
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I don't know. There's been no mention of that in the Sherwood thread at AVS, where Sherwood's Jeff Hipps has posted a few times. My suspicion is that the answer is "no" - Trinnov's current user base is focused on studios that have staffs capable of operating the pro versions of Trinnov on their own, and I am under the impression that part of the process of producing a commercial package for Trinnov was simplifying the interface so you didn't need that sort of expertise. If they left it in somehow, possibly as an interface that a laptop could use, I don't know where you'd get a technician to do the calibration. If such capability existed, having two products on the market that offer Trinnov isn't likely to cause many custom installers to get certified, especially since one of the products is sold internet-direct. That's just my guess, though, based on the fact that I've not heard about such an interface.

I do recall that there's some before and after information available from the 997's Trinnov, based on this item from the feature list: "Before/After Curves availble to USB output for Analysis".

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts