Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#80638 - 01/01/09 01:14 AM Re: Trinnov Optimizer
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I agree this an interesting conversation and only time will tell the final outcome. For me though I look at Trinnov as being another tool in the tool box. I myself have always believed that the path to a quality listening experience begins with the room itself. Therefore I will always address the basics and take the Trinnov or whatever other gizmo they can dream up and exploit it to the fullest. If it can help in creating a better listening environment then all the better. If it acts to reduce the quality of the environment then I will simply not utilize it.

I will say that I agree with altec in that many less informed users are going to think that this is the silver bullet they have all been waiting for all these years. But what's a guy to do... some people still think mp3's sound good. Anyway, it is ultimately up to the end user to educate themselves and if they choose not to do so then shame on them. All the advertising and marketing that takes place these days one has to be cautious. I know there are people out there like my parents who cannot work a telephone let alone successfully intergrate a new technology like Trinnov or Audyssey into their listening environments. But, there again I feel it would be wrong to sit still and not move forward with such technologies which could yield benefits for those willing to experiment. If nothing else it will be a fun way to waste a weekend.

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#80639 - 01/28/09 05:46 PM Re: Trinnov Optimizer
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States
Does anyone know what the difference will be between the professional version of Trinnov and the one crammed into the 997? The Sherwood rep was quoted as saying:
Quote:
We all wanted to maintain the same filter depth used in the Trinnov professional optimizer. For a while this was elusive and the CEDIA Expo demos (which garnered rave reviews from all who attended) actually used filters that were one-half as powerful and the professional box. Trinnov has now figured out how to restore the professional filters.
So if the 997 is using the "professional filters", what is the difference? The 997 comes with a "4 Microphone Capsule Acoustic Probe" and the Trinnov professional version has a "microphone array composed of 8 omnidirectional microphones." I'm sure that Trinnov mic is not cheap, but surely there is more under the hood than just different microphones since the pro version goes for $13k and the 997 is going to sell for $1,400. Are we getting the full optimizer and then the rest of the difference lies in the recording/mixing/hardware aspects? I just question how we can get Trinnov optimization for such a cheap price (considering that's not all the 997 does).

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM