Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#80459 - 10/25/08 07:59 PM Re: Trinnov Repositioning vs. Audyssey Dynamic EQ
lanion Offline
Gunslinger

Ive written some programs to test equal loudness... it is very real and also very variant depending on the person. It should help everyone hear things more like they are reference, but would be cool to have a customized user test. Everyone's equal loudness curve is different... but everyone's hearing and opinion of 'good' is different to. At some point you just have to give up that your hearing response is different from everyone that made the movie/cd/game.

#80460 - 10/28/08 09:54 PM Re: Trinnov Repositioning vs. Audyssey Dynamic EQ
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Josuah:
I don't really understand how Trinnov can reposition sound localization vertically. That implies to me attempting to create a frequency through adjustments to phase or amplitude at different frequencies, such that drivers located at the desired vertical position end up creating the desired frequency. But I imagine that might be attempting to use those drivers at their unintended frequencies. And something only possible at a sweet spot.
Apparently the repositioning feature works by re-directing sound from a speaker placed too low or high to adjacent speakers placed at the correct height.

Since this relies on phantom imaging, you are correct: it will work best for a listener seated in the sweet spot.

Some early feedback from the Audioholics SOTU (State Of The Union) show here .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM