Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#80016 - 09/20/08 03:51 AM room eq
rmilewsk Offline
Gunslinger

It's a shame I didn't see anything in the posting for the 997 that stated in room EQ like the audyssey system will be available. I know many people have stated that these EQ systems haven't made any positive difference in the sound of their system but I have heard just as many people swear the sound is substantially better. Since I'm sure it would be easy to turn any EQ system off I can't imagine a downside (perhaps besides price and timing) that would exclude this type of system from appearing in the 997.

#80017 - 09/20/08 04:46 AM Re: room eq
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The Trinnov system is essentially a competitor to Audyssey, and from what I've been reading about it today it appears to be even more effective at room correction than Audyssey.

#80018 - 09/20/08 05:00 AM Re: room eq
rmilewsk Offline
Gunslinger

Yes. I misspoke. It is a direct competitor to audyssey. That is wonderful. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find ANY application of this technology in a regular consumer product. It seems to only be used in the professional world as far as I can tell.

The professional piece of trinnov equipment seems to have impressive specs:

# Speaker configurations: stereo, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and 22.2. Ready for DCI (Digital Cinema Initiative)
# Supports the X-curve standard (ISO 2969) for film re-recording stages
# Integrated Bass management
# Up to 24 processed channels
# Analogue and Digital (AES, MADI or ADAT) audio interfaces
# Sample frequencies: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz

I wonder how much of this outlaw will be able to include in their processor?

#80019 - 09/20/08 05:38 AM Re: room eq
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by rmilewsk:
I can't seem to find ANY application of this technology in a regular consumer product.
That's because it's not in any regular consumer products, yet.

However, announced so far are: the Model 997 pre-pro from Outlaw, the R-972 receiver from Sherwood/Newcastle, and the TEQ-1 eight-channel stand-alone room correction box from ADA.

#80020 - 09/20/08 12:20 PM Re: room eq
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Deciding how to implement a consumer version of Trinnov has been a very intensive engineering task. Please keep in mind that the professional Trinnov Optimizer costs $11,000.It is astoundingly sophisticated and as has been pointed out does a lot more than is necessary in the average home, Deciding what operations are the most important and adapting the software for the Texas instruments DSP's is really tricky.

The SN 972 has encountered very long delays, many of which were caused by getting the Trinnov right. Until CEDIA, Jeff was using the optimizer to show what Trinnov will sound like in the R-972. Over the last two months the team has made major progress and the results were demonstrated at the show. As we speak the software is still being adjusted and improved. To SN's credit they are ahead of the two other high-end companies also planning in incorporate Trinnov.

Our decision to go with this technology was made a long time ago and if you refer back to some of our newsletters we hint about something really advanced. The BETA testing challenges on this product are huge because of on-going issues with HDMI, HDCP, video etc. Couple this with the first implementation of Trinnov and both Sherwood Newcastle and we will really have our hands full. Speaking of HDMI, in a few weeks, we will be attending a session at the Fall CEA conference on "improvements" to HDMI connectivity.

#80021 - 09/20/08 12:56 PM Re: room eq
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Thanks for the info on Trinnov integration, Peter.
Quote:
Speaking of HDMI, in a few weeks, we will be attending a session at the Fall CEA conference on "improvements" to HDMI connectivity.
I don't know whether to cheer optimistically or shudder...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM