Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#79930 - 09/25/08 06:05 PM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
Brandon B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Louse Angeles, CA
I like most everything about this, but the single HDMI out would have killed it for me if I had waited. No easy way to toggle between RPTV and projector.

#79931 - 09/25/08 08:04 PM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
dvenardos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Thousand Oaks, Ca
I am glad Outlaw decided to announce ahead of time. I am hoping that this pre/pro will have outstanding two channel performance to pair up with my Squeezebox via digital out. If the DACs are good, eliminating the need for an external DAC and room correction / bass management in one package would be fabulous and considering all that the price is excellent.

#79932 - 09/25/08 09:54 PM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
Dannic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Edmonton,Alberta, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon B:
I like most everything about this, but the single HDMI out would have killed it for me if I had waited. No easy way to toggle between RPTV and projector.
I agree, I would have thought 2 HDMI outs would be standard equipment today. Lots of folks like myself running both a projector for movies/big TV events plus a LCD flat panel for everyday stuff like news etc.

I am still probably going to go with the new 997 anyhow. I am not sure if here is an easy workaround other than an HDMI switcher. However I would hate to go that route especially after shelling out for a new piece like the 997. Trying to cut down on components (hence the wait for new Oppo Blu Ray) rather than add another box. Oh well, looks like component RGB to the LCD will be the easiest solution.

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables

#79933 - 09/25/08 10:38 PM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
lanion Offline
Gunslinger

Yeah... I would have liked a 2nd HDMI jack, but can live with a switcher when the time comes for a projector, since I need something to do while an electronic screen is coming down. The hard times of 2008.

#79934 - 09/26/08 12:54 AM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
dvenardos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by Dannic:
Oh well, looks like component RGB to the LCD will be the easiest solution.
Will it transcode from HDMI to component or does that mean you have to hookup component cables from all of your sources?

#79935 - 09/26/08 02:28 AM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
Dannic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Edmonton,Alberta, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by dvenardos:
Quote:
Will it transcode from HDMI to component or does that mean you have to hookup component cables from all of your sources?
No, I'll just run component from my satellite direct to my LCD and then HDMI from the satellite to the 997 and onwards to the projector.

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables

#79936 - 09/26/08 11:17 PM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
Brandon B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Louse Angeles, CA
I will say the HDMI switching from processors with 2 outs is somewhat annoying. Since only one is permitted to be active by the conditions for HDCP compliance, you have to remember to actively switch it back and forth.

Sometimes annoying when I have used my projector the night before, and forget to toggle it back, and the wife goes to use the tv and I get a phone call "there's no picture, just sound, what did you do?"

Outlaw has probably upped the WAF/SAF a bit with this choice.

Anyone looking to sell their 990 down the road keep me in mind, I'll probably be looking to pick one up used for my second system.

BB

#79937 - 09/27/08 02:14 AM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
Anton Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Orlando
I was just about to purchase the Integra..I am so, so glad I waited!!! I am buying this as soon as it becomes available.

#79938 - 09/27/08 06:01 AM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
FAUguy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: FL
Quote:
Originally posted by dvenardos:
Quote:
I'd like to know about that as well.
My 2001 Panasonic CT-36HX41 only has Component and currently using a Pioneer Eliete DV-37 DVD player.
If I got a BD player, I'd have to run HDMI to the 997 for the higher audio formats, but can the 997 take the video from the HDMI and send it out through Component? Or would I have to run Component directly from the BD to the TV.

#79939 - 09/27/08 04:25 PM Re: Hurrah! Can't wait
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Transcoding HDMI to component would be an impressive feature if it existed, but so far I haven't seen any products do it. If the 997 could do it, I'd sort of expect them to be shouting it from the rooftops - or, conversely, trying real hard not to tell anyone for fear of bringing down the wrath of studios whose fear of the "analog hole" made the process difficult to begin with...

We'll have to wait to see what the final product can do, but it is possible that you could assign HDMI to an input for audio and component for video. There will be an HDCP issue, of course, but you should still get audio (the lack of a handshake will just mean no HDMI video, which you can't use anyway).

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts