Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#79809 - 06/16/08 05:43 PM "There Will Be Blood"
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Has any Outlaw with an extensive HT system seen this film? I don't have one, but I watched the movie last night and, sonically, it seemed very impressive. Part of it was how minimalist music was used to signify the vastness and desolation of an oil field, but there were also other things, like the percussion effects after the accident that impairs Daniel Day-Lewis' son. Just wondering if an HT system bumps up the experience even more.

#79810 - 06/17/08 03:49 PM Re: "There Will Be Blood"
Videodrome Offline
Desperado

Loc: Fairfax Station, VA
Sounds intruguing. I've been meaning to get this simply based on the fact it got some good press. Apart from the potential there's some good sonics on the DVD, how was the film? Was it deserving of all the praise?
Squeezebox -> Behringer SRC2496 -> Musiland MD10 DAC
Sota Sapphire; Marantz 10B;
Video: Hitachi 42HDS52A; Oppo 971H
System Pics

#79811 - 06/17/08 06:36 PM Re: "There Will Be Blood"
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
The rumors are true, Videodrome. I thought it was an excellent film; sort of a psychological thriller with a unique twist. Daniel Day-Lewis' character is truly 3-dimensional, which is to say he's a "hero" who's not beyond villainy. Just to clarify, though, the sonic things that impressed me are in the middle of the movie, not throughout the whole thing.

#79812 - 06/18/08 03:59 AM Re: "There Will Be Blood"
Retep Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tauranga, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by tru blu:
Has any Outlaw with an extensive HT system seen this film? I don't have one, but I watched the movie last night and, sonically, it seemed very impressive. Part of it was how minimalist music was used to signify the vastness and desolation of an oil field, but there were also other things, like the percussion effects after the accident that impairs Daniel Day-Lewis' son. Just wondering if an HT system bumps up the experience even more.
I have this sitting on my coffee table. I rented the Blu-ray version and may watch it tonight. Looking forward to it.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts