Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#8000 - 01/26/04 02:30 PM Re: A lil help please
Zdog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Arcadia,Florida,USA
Ok, I had to recalculate the room size due to the SHEDEVIL and her laundery room... Actually its my fault but we will pretend its hers the room soze is only 11 x 15.5... Ok question number one... Will the 950 do everything that a, say High end Denon would do in regards to surround sound.. 2. Should i go with the 1st considered 7.1 config. ? And you say the SQ8 is no good for what I need? Sorry for all the questions but I really wanna do this right.. Cause sooner or later my wife is gonna relize I ain't worth it Thanks again Z

#8001 - 01/26/04 02:46 PM Re: A lil help please
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Answers:

1) Yes, the 950 will give you all the appropiate decoding needed for any home theater application. DD and DTS for regular 5.1, DD-EX and DTS-ES for 6.1, Cirrus Processing for 7.1, plus others I'm sure I'm forgetting. In other words, yes, it will work fine.

2) Since you have the ability to do so, run your wiring for future speakers now. That way if you want the upgrade, you don't have to worry about messy, exposed wiring runs or thinking about ripping open finished walls.

I think the above is what the questions was asking. If the question was asking wether the 950 can handle 7.1, the answer is yes! The two rear surrounds are preferred as compared to 6.1 sound.

3) If I'm remembering correct, I think the QS8 will work fine for your surround needs. They are considered dipolar speakers but also have some very direct tendencies. I think what curious was responding to was the fact that many people recommend a pair of direct radiating surround speakers as opposed to a dipolar pair. In reality, it truly depends on your usage of the system, speaker placement, and personal preference. I would say start with the package for now and then if you feel like upgrading or tweaking, try out some direct radiators at that point.

Hope this helps! If your wife is anything like my girlfriend, she'll realize the value of a good home theater system very quickly. Just make sure you listen to her input for movie selections.

#8002 - 02/12/04 12:43 PM Re: A lil help please
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i was talking about the sq8 or qs8 or whatever it is as the rear surround, they are fine for 4th and 5th channels, but as 6th and 7th a direct radiating is TYPICALLY better.

i will stick by my statement about 5.25in woofers, and why, because i dont like them!!! :-) that is not to say that they are junk, but if you had 5.25s and replaced them with 6.5s then youd not be disappointed.

its been a long time since i could remember what kind of room treatments i invested in, and room treatment is still at the bottom of my list.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts