The lists in the "Welcome" thread are really great. Some of the choices,by the way, are surprising.Thanks everyone for jumping in. I hope that this topic area continues to grow.

In April, a few of us attended the Sonoma Film Festival and one of the big hits was Young At Heart. This is a documentary about a choral group whose members are an average age of 83 They travel the world performing rock and roll numbers from such bands as Cold Play and The Clash. What an astounding film! It was like nothing we had ever seen or experienced before. Music and the "performance" keep these performers alive in every sense of the word and you find yourself rooting for each of these individuals to deliver great performances.

One moment we were all laughing hysterically and the next moment we were all sobbing. After it was over, I talked to some men who admitted that they haven't been that choked up by a movie since they watched the scene at the end of Field Of Dreams where father and son are playing catch.

For us leaving the theater we all looked at the joy of being alive just a little differently. I am sure this movie will be nominated for an Oscar as best documentary and it will probably win. I encourage all to seek out the film or get it on video when it becomes available.