Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7972 - 01/18/04 05:40 PM DCM subwoofers?
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
Hey fellow outlaws, I just came across a DCM subwoofer for sale at what looks like a pretty good deal. The problem is it's in a box and I can't listen to it first and since I'm not familiar with DCM subs I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any experience with them. The model number is TB 1515. It has a 15" downward firing driver, a 15" forward facing passive radiator and a 250W class D amplifier. I've been scouring the net and haven't found much on this unit other than from the manufacturer so I'd appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks pardners.

------------------
Tekdredger

[This message has been edited by tekdredger (edited January 19, 2004).]

#7973 - 01/21/04 01:27 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
dcm is not the best usually. 250wts on a 15" is pretty weak. sucks you cant audition it, thats the only true way to find out how good it is model to model. meaning that a company usually makes something that is good does not guarantee it always does...

#7974 - 01/22/04 07:17 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

I found one on display at a store yesterday and I was not real impressed. I know I'm kind of a cheapskate but I expected to see better materials used in a sub that lists for $700. It didn't fair too well on the 'ol knuckle rap test either. It was hooked up and playing but I can't say it was demonstrated. It was just playing some pop schlock fm or cd at background levels. What I did hear was kind of "wooly". The "deal" I had originally found was $348, new in a sealed box. After seeing it on the showroom floor I decided it was definitely overpriced initially and $348 is probably about what it is worth and not really a "deal" at all. At that point I didn't bother trying to track down a salesperson to run it through it's paces...I'm taking a pass on this one.

------------------
Tekdredger

#7975 - 01/22/04 07:35 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
tekdredger:

If you are looking for a good subwoofer and not want to spend a lot, check out this thread. http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000314.html

#7976 - 01/23/04 12:41 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
spiker that thread has very little to do with subs.... ???

#7977 - 01/23/04 02:14 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
But some and at the time, it was located very close to tekdredger’s post. I can’t recall where they are at the moment but there are more extensive discussions on subwoofers. Tekdredger, try "search" in the saloon and you may find what you like.

#7978 - 01/23/04 07:09 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Spiker,

Thanks for the leads but I'm not really looking for a subwoofer. This one found me and I hate to pass up a good deal if one presents itself. Sorry if I misled anyone, but all I was looking for was a little firsthand feedback regarding DCM subs. And like I said in my last post, I don't think this turned out to be such a good price after all. End of story as far as I'm concerned...unless someone still wants to correct my initial impressions. Thanks again.

------------------
Tekdredger

#7979 - 01/24/04 05:50 PM Re: DCM subwoofers?
Jeff Aguilar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Olympia, WA USA
The first powered sub I bought was Mitsubishi. That pacticular sub was built by DCM and had the Mits lable put on it. I was really impressed with it until I got a SVS sub. There was no comparison. Now when I look back at the DCM sub, it was really overpriced. I spent $699 on it and replaced it with a $750 16/46pc. It was not even close! The SVS was at least 5 times better. I would stay away from DCM subs.

Jeff

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts