I’m on the fence of where to properly post my comments when they address both the BLS and LCR. In the BLS list under a Gonk thread Raider asked Gonk, “…why did you not do the LCRs all around?” I thought I might help offer my findings. My setup is LCRs & LFM-1EX configuring the 5.1 and a pair of BLS for the rear to complete a 7.1 arrangement. I mentioned in my review that I setup the BLS as front L/R when they first arrived and moved them to the back when the LCRs arrived (a week later). I also noted a slight bass reduction going from the BLS to LCR but only when in close proximity to the speakers (not from the standard listening positions). One night while still fine tuning/testing different switch settings (with the multitude of options on these speakers) I decided to try moving the BLS into the surround positions and move the pair of the LCRs to rear. The surrounds are closer to my listening spot and are used more often when listening to SACD/DVD-A (that limits the output to analog 5.1). I quickly started drafting a post that gave a good report to my change and sighted improvement with the added lower end of the BLS and their rear ports. I decided to test more. I then sent the Stereo signal to all speakers and would walk from one speaker set area to the next (a few steps mind you) and compared. I then swapped the LCR and BLS pairs back and tried the same test again. I also went back and forth on these setups during general music listening. In all comparisons the LCRs definitely have a much “crisper, brighter and full” sound over the BLS. While I thought I had found a more ideal arrangement, the best setup for my listening pleasure is the original arrangement of LCRs in the 5.1 setup and BLSs rounding out the less used, and less demanding, rear speaker positions. For my own preference with additional testing the LCR is also a stronger choice for the front positions.

--------------------
Outlaw 950 & 770, 5ea-Outlaw LCR (L/C/R/SR/SL), 2ea-Outlaw BLS (RR/RL), 1ea-Outlaw LFM-1EX, Oppo 980H, Sony RDR-HX900 & CDP-CE335, Sony VPH-1020Q1 (1981 Low Res. 3 CRT Projector Still Working!)
Marantz AV7702mkII, Outlaw 7220, ,7ea-Outlaw LCR (2ea.- L/2ea.- R/C/SR/SL),Outlaw 7125 for 4ea-Outlaw LCRv2 (Atmos ceiling),Outlaw Ultra-X12 & LFM-1EX Subwoofers,BR/DVD Oppo BDP-103,BDP-83SE, Samsung 65" OLCD, Sofabato remote - Whole house audio via two (2ea) 7125s.