Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7956 - 01/11/04 05:27 PM My System
Wild Bill Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: California,USA
My system consist of the following:
Outlaw 770 and 950
Outlaw Interconnects (try them you won't be sorry)
Monitor Audio gold reference Speakers
GR 60s
GR center
GRFX
Earthquake MKIV12 sub
Nordost solar wind speaker cables
Monster cable HTS3600 Line conditioner
Toshiba sd9200 DVD
DishNetwork PVR 508
Toshiba 65" widescreen

I would highly recommend anyone looking for speakers look at Monitor audio.I audtioned several brands Paradigm,Martin Logan,Energy,B&W etc,I also owned Klipsch before this.Monitor Audio has a very clean audiophile sound I was looking for and paired with Outlaw Amp/Preamp it was an ideal match. I don't how I could do better without spend twice or three times what I paid.Your feedback is welcomed
Wild Bill YEEE-HAHHH

#7957 - 01/12/04 12:52 PM Re: My System
dvdfreak Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cary, NC, USA
I agree. I bought my monitor audio's about 9 months ago and have been in heaven ever since. I couldn't afford the gold reference series so I went with the Silver series but I have not been disapointed. They are a great match with the 950/770.

#7958 - 01/12/04 03:42 PM Re: My System
Wild Bill Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hey DVDFreak,
On a side note I did buy the bronze system for the bedroom (couldn't afford the silver 2 for the bedroom.But the none the less I figure anyone who buys anything from the monitor series can't help but enjoy it.
It would be the type of speaker Outlaw might come up with.NOW ONLY IF OUTLAW WOULD MAKE A UNIVERSAL DVD PLAYER.

Wild Bill

#7959 - 01/14/04 12:31 PM Re: My System
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
what kind of music do you typically listen to on your monitors?

#7960 - 01/14/04 01:15 PM Re: My System
dvdfreak Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cary, NC, USA
I listen to a lot of rock... Linkin Park, Incubus, and Red Hot Chili Peppers are some of my favorites. But I also listen to some softer stuff like Elton John, James Taylor, and the Eagles. I would not categorize my monitor's as being better for one kind of music over another. I mean, some stuff sounds better than others, but most of the time that is just based on the quality of the source material.

#7961 - 01/14/04 10:13 PM Re: My System
Wild Bill Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
what kind of music do you typically listen to on your monitors?

I like to listen to all classic rock Led Zep,Eagles,Bob Seger,Steely dan,etc.As well as some classical.Also different Mexican music Mariachi,Mex rock,Exitos(hits).Guitar horns, drums it all sounds so good.The singer is in the middle of the room.Soundstage is excellent.That is with only 2 channel music.But along with a wide varitey of music I like concert videos try Eagles: Hell freezes over,James Taylor,Luis Miguel Etc.
But the monitors also work well for movies whether its a whisper,coversation or background noise or bombs going off, gunshots.I feel these speakers handle it all no matter what you throw at it.
Wild Bill

Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts