Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7938 - 12/12/03 01:56 AM 20 AMP CIRCIUT/LINE CONDITONER?
carlos perez Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: hemet ca usa
Guys, next week I am getting 20 amp outlets put in for my system, today I purchased a monster power 3500 line conditoner. Upon reading the manual I found out that the power output of all connected gear should not exceed 1800 watts. Well the 755 is rated at 1800,does that mean that I need to purchase another conditoner or can I get away with hooking up all the other gear? ie(cable,subwoofer,dvd,cd,preamp,turntable)why have all those options if the output max power is only 1800? The cable box alone is 600 watts max.Will the 20amp oulet be ok to use with this conditoner? What are the pros and cons OF THIS COMBO?

#7939 - 12/12/03 11:30 AM Re: 20 AMP CIRCIUT/LINE CONDITONER?
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

#7940 - 12/12/03 12:57 PM Re: 20 AMP CIRCIUT/LINE CONDITONER?
phatlac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: lake mary, fl, USA
I went with collection one of the really cool looking surge protectors, but swapped them all with one Panamax 5510. With the Monster surge protectors, can't recall the model numbers, I noticed a slight fluctuation in my picture when I got big booms and bangs during movies. Not being an expert at this stuff, I thought I should relocate my subs a bit futher from the TV. No impact and I screwed something up because my bass got really "boomy". I did a bit of research and narrowed it down to the power being pulled by the subs.

Since adding the Panamax, I do not get the picture fluctuations, but I did get a better picture from the Samsung DLP, more solid bass, and a cleaner sound when really cranking the volume for music. I would not have beleived this while at the store hearing it from some sales dude, but I am now a true believer in whatever Panamax and Richard Gray are doing to the power in their "heavy-ass" black and gray boxes.

BTW, my circuit is not isolated 100%, but there are no other devices pluged in to any of the outlets on that 20A breaker but the Panamax.

Phatlac.

#7941 - 12/13/03 03:32 AM Re: 20 AMP CIRCIUT/LINE CONDITONER?
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Well seeing as it's almost 4am, and I need sleep, I'll make this short..

All the above mentioned products use MOV's...

'nuff said.

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#7942 - 12/13/03 09:52 PM Re: 20 AMP CIRCIUT/LINE CONDITONER?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i have my subs, 1250rms 3000peek watts each, all connected to pretty inexpensive single outlet surge protectors and have not noticed any difference since i did this. not that i have spent my time "testing" for spl, etc. but i have played material using the surges and while not and i could tell no difference. i dont think my homeowners rate would stay the same if i ever filed a claim for all my subs, so im going to stick with surge suppression. they make different varieties that can be connected to your box or out on the road....

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts