Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#79227 - 07/07/08 06:42 PM Re: Speaker Help
NYGIANT Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Gonk, thank you. I appreciate your help and enjoyed the article, it brought back many memories from my time in San diego in the early seventies.I repaired my own but I'm considering sending them out but as stated in the article, they are big. One last question regarding Outlaw. Ithought the LCR would do better as two channel stand alones, yet it sounds like you think the book shelves are the better sounding. Is this assumption correct?

#79228 - 07/07/08 07:08 PM Re: Speaker Help
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The LCR is a larger speaker physically and has an extra driver, but it is first and foremost a center channel - which is presumably part of the reason it is a sealed design rather than a ported design (centers too often end up in places with limited clearances, which is likely to get along poorly with speaker ports). Because it is sealed, it doesn't go as deep as the ported Bookshelf does (75Hz rather than 54Hz for the -3dB point). If I was looking for a speaker to use in a two-channel music system without a subwoofer, I'd look at the Bookshelf rather than the LCR. Toss a sub in the mix, of course, and things might change (although I still went with a pair of Bookshelves for my mains - the lower cost and smaller size helped justify the Bookshelves in my case).

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts