Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#79078 - 06/24/07 02:04 PM The best speakers I have ever heard...
Albee Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
I just received six Outlaw Bookshelf speakers to go with my Outlaw 7700 amp, 990 pre amp, and a pair of LFM 1+ subwoofers. I purchased this equipment to replace the built in equipment I will leave behind in my theatre room when I move.

I currently have very nice speakers and I listened to all of the high end speakers before I purchased the Outlaw Bookshelves to try in my home. When I began listening to music from the Outlaw Bookshelves, I could not believe my ears. The clarity and neutrality was second to none. The soundstage and image from these speakers was wonderful from anywhere in the room. There were times when I thought I could almost see what I was listening to! These speakers were unlike anything I have ever heard.

Then I invited a buddy of mine to listen to them. He could not believe what he was hearing. After 2 hours of listening to music, he swore that I was using some sort of high def. CD and proceeded to take my CD's home with him so he could listen to them on his system! Needless to say, he called me later and conceded that the Outlaw bookshelf speakers were some of the best speakers he has ever heard.

Buy them, try them and you won't be disappointed. Right now I am trying to figure out where else I can use these speakers in my new home!!!

Al

#79079 - 06/24/07 04:14 PM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Thanks for the feedback, Albee!

#79080 - 06/25/07 02:18 AM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Just curious.

When you say that you "listened to all of the high end speakers" before buying the Outlaws, which ones did you listen to?

Jeff Mackwood

#79081 - 06/25/07 03:44 PM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
tonygeno Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MA
Good stuff. The Outlaws are great sounding, image beautifully, are tonally accurate and have nice adjustability. The fact that they're Made in the USA, and are indivudually tested and matched to within .5db of reference is icing on the cake.

#79082 - 06/27/07 02:51 AM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
Albee Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Some of the speakers I listened to were my existing bookshelf Seas (8 of them), Boston Acoustics, Paradigm (bookshelf and tower)and B&W. I have also owned a Pair of Snells. I am convinced that the Outlaw bookshelves compare favorably to any of these. FYI, I plan to order the Outlaw Center Channel as soon as I can. I am now thinking about adding Outlaw Bookshelves in my Great Room. About the only draw back I can think of is that I would like to mount the speakers on the wall above the listening area. To do that I would probably have to drill holes in the speakers and mount them to something that I would hang on the wall. The cabinetry is so beautiful on these speakers that I am afraid that I wouldn't want to drill holes in them! If you have any mounting suggestions, please let me know!
Al

#79083 - 06/27/07 12:00 PM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
tonygeno Offline
Gunslinger

Check out these mounts: they work great and no damage to the speakers:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-u81Rst1eLs5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=121BT77B&g=15830

#79084 - 06/27/07 01:31 PM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
Albee Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Ok,it looks like Tony has solved the mount problem. Scott, you better put 4 more bookshelves and a subwoofer into production. Make that 2 center channels when they are available!
Al

#79085 - 07/04/07 09:04 PM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
tonygeno Offline
Gunslinger

Does anyone else who received the Bookshelves care to comment?

#79086 - 07/04/07 10:40 PM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
After comments from two users (Albee and tonygeno), I'd second this question - because so far indications are that these really are some impressive little speakers.

#79087 - 07/16/07 07:27 PM Re: The best speakers I have ever heard...
tonygeno Offline
Gunslinger

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM