#7892 - 11/29/03 01:05 AM My System
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

#7893 - 11/29/03 03:51 PM Re: My System
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Wow...great system!

Between front projection and plasma, I'm starting to lean towards front projection. The Sanyo PLV-Z2, a brand new LCD fp, just got an amazing review for a $2000 projector. Just think about it, a beautiful 96" wide picture to salivate with the wonderful sound I'm sure your M&K's provide.

M&K subs with a Buttkicker; I'm major league jealous!

#7894 - 12/01/03 02:29 AM Re: My System
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

#7895 - 12/01/03 02:41 PM Re: My System
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
seems like you have spend a lot of money on everything but the tv. i would not really recommened front projectors to most people, but there are a few new technologies all vying (sp?) for the "best" title. i would like to see how lcos (liquid crystal on silicon) pans out, alledgedly it is going to address most of the problems with regualr liquid crystal which is in and of itself pretty good. i have not seen any lcos sets yet or i could offer some more insight. i agree with the nice system, m&k subs are nice, and not that i want to criticize, because i dont, but there are some other subs out there that would turn yours into stands or subs for the fronts only (ht use). how do you have your 3 centers setup? how do you like your rotel processor? i am still looking for the answer to my processing desires, but things change very quickly these days with technological advances, etc.; so i am finding it hard to spend over a few grand for a processor that i know is going to be outdated much more quickly than they used to be. hopefully manufacturers will realize that times in audio have changed and there are no more times where things will be the same for 10years, so they need to make either a fully upgradeable product or ones that are inexpensive enough to replace. who wants to spend 10k on a processor every few years...? thats why companies like outlaw are nice and why i support them.

#7896 - 12/02/03 11:07 PM Re: My System
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

#7897 - 12/03/03 06:01 PM Re: My System
Paratrooper Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Conyers,GA,USA
Curegeorg,

You seem to have a lot of opinions on various forum subjects. But, are you going to answer Wayne Carlton's question regarding the brand and model of subwoofer(s) you own.

#7898 - 12/03/03 07:52 PM Re: My System
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

yeah, sorry i cant read everything instantly. right now i have velodyne hgs-II 18 (5). three of which are on semi-permanent loan. this is in my home theatre. i dont generally like to state the exact components in my system, kind of seems like bragging and i dont care to defend any of my choices as far as my equipment goes. but since i kind of criticized wayne, i guess its only fair in this circumstance.

#7899 - 12/03/03 10:53 PM Re: My System
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
curegeorg,

Did you say 5 HGS 18'S........OUCH your neigbors must love you...lol I wish I lived close enough to come over and hear that So how are those subs anyway? In the future when money allows Velodyne is the way I Plan to go. Are they really as earth shaking as I've read in the reviews?

Lasher

#7900 - 12/04/03 11:02 AM Re: My System
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

yes they are very nice, the nicest ive heard. the theatre is isolated, so you cant hear it elsewhere under normal levels. velodyne has replaced the hgs-II with a digital drive series, that adds a calibration mic and a few settings, same drivers/amp though. 1 would be enough for most rooms, they are thx ultra2 rated. i could use just 2, but im not paying to use the other 3 so why not.

#7901 - 12/04/03 02:31 PM Re: My System
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
Not to be nosey but how do you get to just use Velodyne subwoofers? Do you have a job with the company or a review mag? Just curious In other words where do I sign up...lol

Lasher

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts