I bought my wife a Sony 60 inch XBR Grand Wega widescreen HDTV monitor for her NFL passion. So I bought myself the 950 755 combo to add serious sound to the picture. While the Outlaw pieces were in transit I ordered up a pair of JBL S412II's and S center along with the S38II's for the rear.

Unfortunately the first 950 had to be returned. No matter what we tried it would not put out any bass. Outlaw sent a replacement as soon as the last effort was exhausted trying to solve the problem. The new unit works flawlessly.

Once we had it all up and running I began to wish I had went with the 770. I realized I had plenty of room to run the system with rears and surrounds. I found a Earthquake Cinenova Grande 3x300 watt amp brand new on Ebay for an even grand. With the new amp I ordered a set of JBL S26II's for the rears and moved my 38's to the sides.

I use the Earthquake to power the front L/C/R channels and the 755 powers the surrounds with the now un-used center channel on the 755 powering a speaker on my patio.

I am currently using a Sony DVP-S530D for movies and CD listening but I am planning an up-grade. Any suggestions? I am leaning toward a CD Jukebox so that a few hundred CD's are only a click away. I do want a top flight DVD player since movies are primary and music is secondary.

We don't have much interest in local programing so we only have Direct TV with a Sony SAT-T60 TiVo. As soon as the new HD Direct TV TiVo unit becomes avilable I will make the change.

For games I have the X-Box and Play Station II. Everything looks and sounds fantastic, but I am looking forward to the HD box from Direct TV. My only complaint is our entertainment center had no provisions for the mammoth size weight of the two amps. I tried setting them on top, but climbing a ladder with a hundred pound amp just didn't work out. I ended up with a very heavy duty cocktail table as the final solution.

I enjoy reading about all the systems here along with the problems, solutions, and suggestions. This is a great site.
Cinenova Grande (300x3 front L/R channels)
JBL S412PII Front
JBL S38II Side
JBL S26II Rear
JBL S Center
Sony SAT TiVo
Samsung SIR-T5360 SAT HDTV Reciever
Pioneer DV-563A