Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#78414 - 06/14/06 02:18 PM Who is or isn't happy with this unit?
Monkeypimp Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I am trying to decide what to buy and my budget tells me to buy the 7075 and my gut tells me to buy the 7125. Any of you who have heard both care to share your opinions? Or anyone who has this unit care to share an opinion?

I just want a little help!

#78415 - 06/23/06 06:43 PM Re: Who is or isn't happy with this unit?
Tufelhundin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: NE Louisiana/Currently Ohio
Ok, I'm really new here for I'm sure you military guys can smell "Cash Sales" when I log on,lol.

I'm new but I have been reading this board for quite some time and I would have sworn there were a few replies to this post yet as I look at it right now there are none. Gonk, I thought you replied that you dont own the amp but you have heard good things. Anyway, I'm also considering this amp but have been looking at the 7125 due to all the write-ups and such. So if anyone can reply to Monkeypimp it would definetly help more than one. FWIW, I'm consider running this amp with either Axiom M22's or M60's in a 14x20x8 room, just trying to figure out what size speaker and amp is favored. I understand the what-if's and upgrading bug so of course a 7125 with M60's maybe the "thing" but is it really neccessary usually listen to movies no louder than -10 "reference" and bass with be provided by a SVS PCU.

MP, not trying to "jack" your post but would really like to see some type of input, unless that is there arent alot of members owning this amp....which may be telling us something.
OOH-RAH!!!! It's a Marine thing

#78416 - 06/23/06 06:54 PM Re: Who is or isn't happy with this unit?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'd also be interested in hearing more from 7075 owners - it's aproduct that could be a good fit for a lot of smaller systems, and it's from a family of amps with a long-standing reputation for excellent performance. I did hear from one person who looked at the 7075 at the HE show earlier this month and said he was stunned by how heavy it was. I think a 7075 in a room the size of Tufelhundin's drving some Axioms could be a fun mix...

#78417 - 07/01/06 06:47 AM Re: Who is or isn't happy with this unit?
Jfriday Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I've had the 7075 for a few weeks now and I think it supplies all the power I need. I don't have a particularly large listening area and have high sensitivity speakers (98 for the mains and 95 for the center), which of course helps. I usually don't have to turn the volume level on the 990 up past -20 to get a listening level that draws complaints from anyone else in the house. I'm just not sure what an extra 50 watts and $300 would add to my enjoyment of the system. Unless I move into a larger room and get speakers with low sensitivity numbers, I'm more than satisfied with the 7075.

#78418 - 07/01/06 03:43 PM Re: Who is or isn't happy with this unit?
Tufelhundin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: NE Louisiana/Currently Ohio
Thanks for the post JF for I'm still contemplating on both amps. What speakers are you pushing and what size is your room? Just curious.
OOH-RAH!!!! It's a Marine thing

#78419 - 07/03/06 05:12 AM Re: Who is or isn't happy with this unit?
Jfriday Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I'm using around half a large family room for the speaker setup, probably around 13 ft long and 15 ft wide. The speakers are Klipsch RF3 and RC3 for the center.

#78420 - 07/03/06 07:50 AM Re: Who is or isn't happy with this unit?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
That's a nice sized listening area (reminds me of the 11'x11' space I used to use in our old house's 11'x19' living room). As with my old living room, the speakers "see" the whole volume of the room even if the listening area is only half of the room - which speaks well of the 7075 (the efficient nature of those Klipsch's obviously factors in as well, of course).

I'll be curious to see what the efficiency is on Hsu's upcoming speakers . The horn tweeter should yield some Klipsch-like efficiency numbers - a system of those and a 7075 could be a great mix.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts