Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#88 - 08/29/01 12:00 AM Re: Remote control is very hackable
palmer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South San Francisco, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Hi4head:
The 9-8-1 code worked also; too well in fact. It apparently wiped the codes clean for all devices, including for the 1050. I've got my other devices set back up on the remote but I can't find the code to reestablish the remote for the 1050.

Does anyone know how to get the remote set back up to work the 1050?

I have good news and bad news for you. My son got hold of my remote and performed some random deprogramming. Pretty smart for a one year old. I used 9-8-1 to reset to factory defaults and wound up in the same situation as you. The bad news is that there is no code for the 1050. The good news is that Outlaw will ship you a new remote and a prepaid mailer to send back the old one free of charge. Just contact support and explain your situation.

[This message has been edited by palmer (edited August 29, 2001).]
Video: Sony KDL-46V2500, OPPO BDP-103, TiVo Premiere XL4
2-channel: Outlaw RR2150, SF Concerto Home, Outlaw LFM-2

#89 - 09/02/01 11:56 AM Re: Remote control is very hackable
Satish Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Phoenix AZ
I feel like such a dumb-ass! In my pursuit of programming my 1050's remote to work with all my devices, I ended up wiping out *all* the programming via the now infamous 9-8-1 manuever. I have sent in an email to support requesting a new remote. A word to the wise to everyone out there...be careful with some of these hacks as you may end up getting more than you bargained for.

#90 - 09/04/01 12:50 PM Re: Remote control is very hackable
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
Thanks for the news palmer.

Like srayer, I have sent an email in to the folks at Outlaw to get instructions on how to get a replacement.

Who knows, maybe having to get up from my listening / viewing spot to adjust the volume and change setting might even be good for me. My doctor says that I could use some exercise.

#91 - 09/05/01 06:10 PM Re: Remote control is very hackable
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
These guys at Outlaw are GOOOOD!!

As a follow-up to the demise of my remote:

I sent the email to Outlaw advising them of my situation. I didn't get an email back. Instead, DHL delivered a new remote to my house in 2 days. Unfortunately, it came on Friday and no one was home. I had to wait to get it on the next delivery day of Tuesday (due to Labor Day).

Way to go Outlaws!!

Now I just need to see if they want the old one back.

Chris

#92 - 09/22/01 08:51 PM Re: Remote control is very hackable
alsander Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I know I'm a little late getting into this thread... What I am hearing is that I might as well take my Sony RM-AV2100 back to where I purchased it. The main reason I bought it was to integrate the control of my diverse systems into one programmable remote and use the macro feature to simplify power on, power off, media switching, etc. Now I hear (as I suspected) that there is no code for the 1050, so I can't even power it on with the Sony remote. Is that correct? Thanks in advance for any help on this, I'm a HT novice.

------------------

#93 - 09/23/01 09:29 AM Re: Remote control is very hackable
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by alsander:
I know I'm a little late getting into this thread... What I am hearing is that I might as well take my Sony RM-AV2100 back to where I purchased it. The main reason I bought it was to integrate the control of my diverse systems into one programmable remote and use the macro feature to simplify power on, power off, media switching, etc. Now I hear (as I suspected) that there is no code for the 1050, so I can't even power it on with the Sony remote. Is that correct? Thanks in advance for any help on this, I'm a HT novice.

There is not a code in the Sony to control the 1050. This doesn't mean your 2100 is useless, though -- I looked at a review of the RM-AV2100 at RemoteCentral.com and the 2100 can learn commands from remotes. It will be a slow process, but you can teach it every button on the 1050's remote (I'm assuming there's enough memory for all of the buttons).

#94 - 09/25/01 12:07 AM Re: Remote control is very hackable
hydro Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Post Falls, ID USA
I had to put my two cents in! I have the Sony AV2100 and it didn't take long to program. I just used the default screen for a receiver and made it learn all of the functions. I have had no problems at all.

#95 - 09/27/01 07:54 PM Re: Remote control is very hackable
Audioholic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MI
I've done a little research so here's some new information on the remote control unit used by the Outlaw 1050 (also the Sherwood R-956 and other AV receivers).

The remote unit is manufactured by an OEM supplier called UEI (Universal Electronics, Inc) and the model is a Catalyst 48. It can be viewed at www.uei.com, just click on "OEM", then "Catalyst 48" and you can see an image of the remote but there's no useful info on the site. I've e-mailed UEI requesting info on codes, macros, etc and they are supposed to fax me the instructions for the standard Catalyst 48 that may contain more info than Outlaw's manual but I'm still waiting on that fax.

Hopefully knowing the manufacturer of the remote will help you guys trace down more codes and features, whoever gets the info first can post it here for everyone to use. I'll post anything useful if I receive the fax from UEI. This is actually a fairly decent remote but not knowing all the codes and features doesn't help much.

#96 - 10/22/01 03:13 PM Re: Remote control is very hackable
Big Easy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

How did you get your Apex DVD player programmed? I have been unable to find any information about the Apex codes. Thanks!

#97 - 10/22/01 03:32 PM Re: Remote control is very hackable
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Easy:
How did you get your Apex DVD player programmed? I have been unable to find any information about the Apex codes. Thanks!

Check out http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/codes.shtml#dvd -- the first entry in the DVD section is for Apex, and lists the code 0030. This page refers to the Radio Shack 15-1994, which is *not* the Outlaw remote but is known to be very similar (codes for things like volume punch-through are the same). This code is for TV's on the 15-1994, but I have found the Outlaw remote to be less finicky than the 15-1994 on what "device" button you assign codes to. If that doesn't work for you, hopefully someone with an Apex player will chime in...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts