Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#77874 - 07/08/07 12:32 PM 7500 vs. Emotiva MPS-1
Reid Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Any thoughts on this comparison? It seems like these two are pretty similar models. The 7500 tests better, and Outlaw has been around longer than Emotiva so the warranty carries more weight. On the other hand, the 7500 has ground loop issues? The MPS-1 is particularly compelling for the next two days since it is an additional 10% off and free shipping. It is like buying four channels at the Outlaw per channel price and getting three more channels for free.

#77875 - 07/08/07 02:56 PM Re: 7500 vs. Emotiva MPS-1
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Both amps have been well reviewed. The 7500 is more expensive, due at least in large part to being built in the US.

I don't know that the 7500 has any more ground loop issues than other amps. There have been several reports of folks having trouble with ground loops, but that's not indicative of an inherent problem - ground loops are a nasty, obnoxious, sometimes very difficult fact of life for stereo and home theater gear. My 7500 has never had ground loop problems, and has been a great amp for me.

This spring, the MPS-1 was having problems operating with 4-ohm loads (reported by owners of both AV123 Reference speakers and I think some Polk owners). I never heard if a solution was implemented. You may not have 4-ohm speakers now, but an amp is a long term investment. There have also been a few cases of folks having problems getting all of the amp blades to work out of the box (I recall seeing posts by one MPS-1 owner who needed eleven blades to get seven that worked). You might be able to ask Emotiva about these - the MPS-1 has been in production for a while, and they may have sorted those issues out.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts