Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7698 - 06/09/03 07:03 PM Adire Audio Speakers
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
It's been over a year since I've stumbled into Adire Audio's product line www.adireaudio.com . Since then, I've been more than satisfied with the performance of their subwoofer driver and have seen many good reviews on their speaker kits. For those who seek quality and value like the aficionados of Outlaw Audio products, its hard to imagine that they would pass up on names like Adire for their speakers. Am I wrong about Adire Audio or am I the only one who owns their product in this saloon? Lets hear it. Or, is there another brand that equals or better than Adire for it's quality versus price on speaker parts? Lets hear that too.

#7699 - 06/10/03 02:58 AM Re: Adire Audio Speakers
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hueytown, Al. 35023
Hi Spiker,

I went ahead and ordered my Daeva Sub from Adire Audio today. It is so new they don't have a picture posted, but it is in the Dharman cabinet (except sealed and with a 15" woofer cutout). As I told you the other day it has the Tempest woofer and an DT 300 amp. I am excited about getting it at $599 A three year warranty on parts including the amp. Most only give you one on the amp. I liked the people I have dealt with for the past few weeks. I don't think I went wrong on this purchase.

#7700 - 06/10/03 11:31 AM Re: Adire Audio Speakers
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Hello Spiker! No, you are not the only one who owns Adire products in the saloon. Adire Audio is a company which seems to enjoy a very good reputation for quality products at competitive prices and fine customer service. I purchased 2 Shiva drivers (12" woofers) several months ago and installed them in separate sealed cabinets. I have been more than satisfied with their performance for both music and HT. Best wishes!

#7701 - 06/20/03 12:29 AM Re: Adire Audio Speakers
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Well Spiker,

I got the Adire Daeva today. It breaks in quick and sounds great. Easy to blend and hit the sweet spot. Right now it is playing music in my 2 channel system hooked up directly with Preamp. One big problem. UPS had it for a week coming across country. My biggest fear came true. It looks like it has been through a war. This despite double boxing and plenty of insulation and packaging from Adire. They did do one unsuual thing to me. They boxed it with the back or amp facing up and the Driver with grill attached facing down which got the major part of the beating. The thing is wrecked in appearance, panels cracked, facing marred, grill busted. But despite the beating it took it is like Timex, ticking away. I hate it happened because it sounds so good. I guess I am about to find out if Adire Customer Service is as good as I have heard. Oh well, I was just about to wrap up my reinvented HT system with the only thing left to do is to buy the 950 and a couple of the 200s. I could get by a while without those and wanted to see how the rest blended before making last moves. It has not been my week. Anthem returned my 3 channel amp and even though they fixed the minor problem I sent it in for, they scratched the grill cover at the screw hole. It looks like someone was using an electric drill or screwdriver and had it set the wrong way and it skipped on them. They did not even tell me. I have had some hot words with them this week, but still not a commitment for a new grill cover. If it had not been in warranty I would have fixed the darn thing myself to start with. And UPS beat that box up. If the dealer had not double boxed it before it started back to me then it would have been a wreck. What a week.

#7702 - 07/10/03 01:13 PM Re: Adire Audio Speakers
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Hey OFCCM,
any luck second time around on Adire Daeva?

#7703 - 07/15/03 01:04 AM Re: Adire Audio Speakers
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Yes,

I got it Friday. It was packaged like a tank. They went all out this time. A good thing too as UPS lost it then routed it through about 12 stops over 10 days. They also placed a fork lift blade though the outer box, all the styrofoam and the inner box and finally stoped by the last piece of strofoam before impact.

I have already broke it in through the low pass in 2 channel and loved it. It was easy to set up and blend in. I am still playing with the settings on the Amp but it is testing well below 20 Hz and sounds great. I now have it installed with the HT processor in my surround system and I am a satisfied customer. Great people to do business with and an outstanding product. I will probably order the Outlaw 950 this week to replace my 5.1 Newcastle and then make any other decisions on adding 2 more speakers or changing amps around after it is up and running. I am bugging the 950 group now soliciting advice.

Who's Online
1 registered (Outlaw Ben), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts