Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#762 - 01/18/02 09:44 AM "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
snowman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Just ordered yesterday, order already processed so hoping my 1050 comes today. I would be sure that it would except that I live a ways out, sometimes things 2 days to me.

Glad I found this place. The name just "stuck out" in a list of hundreds of items on audioreview.com, so I had to check it out. Planning to get a 750 when budget allows (but I'm in need of some better speakers next).

#763 - 01/18/02 10:04 AM Re: "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
Mark Offline
Gunslinger

Welcome to the Outlaw family. I am confident you will enjoy your outlaw product. It brings smiles to my face.

Yes, you should get it today or tomorrow. Let us know when everything is hooked up and running.

#764 - 01/18/02 10:07 AM Re: "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
dndphishin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Moline, IL, USA
I'm not sure if DHL (Outlaw's chosen shipper) delivers on Saturdays. You'll get it today.....If not, you'll probably see it Monday. From all accounts, Outlaw gets product out quick - very quick. I got my 750 amp in less than 48 hours from when I placed my order.

#765 - 01/18/02 10:42 AM Re: "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I placed my order late on a Friday, and it was delivered on Monday by 10am. I don't know about DHL on Saturday.

The unit was delivered before I got the shipping acknowledgement on email. (In fact it was shipped before I ordered it according to their clock)

#766 - 01/18/02 08:45 PM Re: "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
snowman Offline
Gunslinger

I got it!!! Impressive -- ordered yesterday afternoon arrived at my house early this afternoon, and in an area that is usually 2-day delivery.

SO glad I bought the 1050! For me it was an upgrade from a cheap Sony I picked up a while back, and is the start of a first "good" system.

First impression -- wow heavy. Nice cables too (got a short stack and a pdo with it). Like the simple look w/no extra junk. All hooked up now, just came up to make a post, back down to play around now.

Can't wait to get my new speakers...

#767 - 01/18/02 09:33 PM Re: "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
Mark Offline
Gunslinger

snowman

What speakers are you looking to get? Take some time making this decision as well, you'll be glad you did. I personally enjoy the B&W sound. I have auditioned numerous speakers and this fit the bill for me.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Outlaw.

#768 - 01/19/02 12:39 AM Re: "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Welcome to the family! Hope you have as much fun as the rest of us.

Definitely audition different speakers and get the ones that sound the best to you. I love my Boston Acoustics but, then again, I have a well documented bias...

#769 - 01/19/02 10:53 AM Re: "Patiently" waiting for my 1050...
snowman Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks all. Not sure on speakers, as someone mentioned I am spending some time with this one. My problem is that I have VERY limited space, not just relatively small size, but no room without lots of doorways and openings, severely limiting the positioning options for any floorstanding speakers. So far looked into (just web research) PSB, Paradigm, Vandersteen, KEF, Ohm.

Been looking at Ohm's sub/sat setup w/Sat-3s front/center and powered sub. Have not heard any Ohm's in a long time. My father had a pair when I was growing up. Much like Outlaw, they are sold online only at www.ohmspeakers.com. Vandersteen makes a nice set of small fronts also. Hoping my existing small Infinity speakers will be usable as rears at least for a while but not sure on that.

Would love to have some towers for the front but I just dont think I have anywhere to put them in my current house

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts