Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#76593 - 10/25/08 08:08 PM 970 - mmg-c - sub configuration
nanogizmo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

recently got the mmg-c to complete system with 970/7075; the mmg-c manual says you need to use a unique wiring configuration: split L/R main pre out, send one L and one R back to mains and use another splitter to recombine the other L/R and send it to the sub. this setup with preamp settings at no sub, large L/R, and small Center. am wondering if it is actually neccessary to do this with splitters or if it can be done with input configuration settings (No!!!! not more wires!?!?!). magnepan says this is neccessary to fill a hole between sub and main (mmg-w) frequency responses, providing more balanced bass. anyone out there have this setup wired as magnepan recommmends or have it set up via input config?

#76594 - 10/27/08 01:18 AM Re: 970 - mmg-c - sub configuration
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I had to go download and read the manual for the MMG-C to understand what they were talking about. Even after reading it, I find it to be a curious wiring arrangement. It would appear to apply solely to the case of using an MMG-C with MMG fronts. Are you using MMG fronts? If so, where are you crossing them over? I'd lean toward 80Hz for the MMG's and 100Hz for the MMG-C (the latter being Magnepan's recommendation as well). In that case, I'd have a hard time justifying the extra wiring for myself, but that's just me...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts