Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#7658 - 06/13/03 12:44 PM Re: All Systems Go...almost
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Alejate:
..... Monster about the actual specs on these cables and to this day they never responded though they offered me a free Monster Cable license plate bracket). .........

I think you should take them up on the license place bracket. It will make your license plate much happier, and the numbers more legible to the police

#7659 - 06/13/03 10:50 PM Re: All Systems Go...almost
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
and the numbers more legible to the police

...in digital mode only, in analog the greater transparancy it imparts through his muffler, will let them hear when he is speeding.

#7660 - 06/16/03 02:33 PM Re: All Systems Go...almost
Metal Mike Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: PA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gw10nt:
[B]If shielding is a concern, and it should be, look for a foil shield for any reasonably permanent installation. Even the best braided shield tops out at about 95% enclosure, foil (properly implemented) is 100%...

Curious...is any manufacturer selling high end interconnects that are using braided shielding and not foil? It would seem to be a major compromise, unless I'm missing the point. It just strikes me that with all the wiring I will have running through conduit behind walls, I'd want to be concerned about having maximum shielding. My system could be considered to be a permanent one, at least for the equipment at hand until it is rendered for museum piece status. Comments?

#7661 - 06/16/03 04:12 PM Re: All Systems Go...almost
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Metal Mike, here's a helpful site for IC.
http://www.venhaus1.com/diysilverinterconnects.html
His name has been mentioned here and there in this saloon. I'm currently using his DIY speaker cable for my mains and center and have been satisfied with it. He also has digital IC documented in the site as well. You can get better value from DIY projects.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 197 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts