Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#75866 - 12/29/06 01:44 PM Audio plus other 970 Issues
Bascom H. King Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
I got my 970 from "B" stock 1 - 2 months ago. I had some hints of the "audio problem" before I bought it but I went ahead anyway.

My unit has exhibited the audio problem occasionally when coming out of pause when playing a DVD. There would be no sound. Trying some other input and coming back usually will make it work. The player is using the s-Video connection and optical audio with the Video 3 input.

More seriously with this unit is the quite regular lack of video output when coming out of standby into any input using video. Turning off the main power in back and waiting a few minutes and then repowering makes it work.

Recently, we have been shocked by a full blast multi-tone spurious signal upon selecting an input out of the standby state. Whoa! God, that is scary. Now we have our finger on the power button on the remote in readiness for a quick turn off when turning the unit on in anticipation of this LOUD noise.

Other than these misbehaviours, the unit works and sounds great.

I would like others to list other kinds of flaws they have experienced with their units so as to sort of collect all the known misbehaviors. This may have been done in another topic but I haven't run across it as yet. If this exists, I would appreciate a reference to it.

#75867 - 12/31/06 11:14 AM Re: Audio plus other 970 Issues
mikerando Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: texas
I have experienced the following; No sound with video, white noise intermittantly with video, no sound with video "moving" across the screen.

My units a mess. On the occasions that it works, I love it, but the software glitches are intolerable. It's within the trial period and I'm going to have to be convinced not to send it back.

mikerando

#75868 - 12/31/06 01:56 PM Re: Audio plus other 970 Issues
iardon Offline
Gunslinger

No audio, though less with the latest beta update.
Front panel buttons not working.
Popping and screeching during power up and power down.
Not able to power down, must unplug from wall.
Remote volume down makes volume go up, and vice versa.
M&K 851 for L/C/R
Axiom QS8 for SL/SR/1SB
SVS Pb12-ISD/2 (x2)
Sony VPL-HW15 (Retired Infocus 7205)
Sony PS3 / Pioneer DV-533

Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts